Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Wow, what happened

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:19 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Wow, what happened

What happened to all the Pacific threads? Yesterday there were a bunch, today there's only 5, now 6.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 AM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

At the bottom left of each category page, you can set the view options. By default the option is set to view only the last day. Change it to 2 days or 2 weeks and you’ll see more Pacific threads.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:25 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks

Old 08-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Bluerose

Is there any way to set it otherwise by default? This means either every have to bump upcoming rides (which are often posted more then 1 day in advance) everyday or just figure no one will ever see it and give up trying to posting anything.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:14 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluerose
Is there any way to set it otherwise by default? This means either every have to bump upcoming rides (which are often posted more then 1 day in advance) everyday or just figure no one will ever see it and give up trying to posting anything.
Yes there is. Under “User CP” (control panel) click on “edit options”. Scroll down to “Thread Display Options”.

1. Change Thread Display Mode to Linear-oldest first (this is the default for this option
2. Change Number of Post per Page to 40 or what ever you want
3. Change Default Thread Age Cut Off to Last Month or how ever far back you want to go. I use 1 week, but remind myself that I have the option per thread category to increase the time I want to go back.
4. Then click save settings at the bottom of the page.

Note, once you do this, you should find that the Display Options pull down menus at the bottom of a thread category has your options as the new default.
Jack

Old 08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Bluerose

Thanks for the info..

That will fix it for me but I'm still concerned that newer folks and the folks that don't read this thread will miss opportunities to meet other members because the forum forces a 1 day default. Like I said I'd have to remember to bump stuff daily.

The Sequoia ride was posted in July for Sept. so if if not talked about daily many people may miss it.

Just saying.