Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

1st Annual Southern California Ferret Legalization Charity Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008 | 01:51 PM
AzDesertTroll
|
Road Captain
Default 1st Annual Southern California Ferret Legalization Charity Ride

This is being hosted by some friends and I think it has the potential to be a good day. Hope some of you can make it out.

http://www.ocferrets.org/ferret-ride.html

Old 08-11-2008 | 07:03 PM
flavoflav
Cruiser
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by AzDesertTroll
This is being hosted by some friends and I think it has the potential to be a good day. Hope some of you can make it out.

http://www.ocferrets.org/ferret-ride.html
Legalize Ferrets Ride ????? Oh my what next.....

Old 08-14-2008 | 01:29 PM
Bandit61
Intermediate
Thumbs up

I think this is a wonderful opportunity to educate the public as well as have a great time!

The ride is not just to support the legalization of a pet that is, incidentally, welcome in every contiguous US state OTHER than California. Its about the civil rights of Californians.

Imagine how you would feel if state authorities came to your door one day with a warrant to confiscate your pet dog, cat, bird, whatever... and took it off to be euthanized...while putting you in jail for a week and handing you a $1000 fine. This is what has been happening to Californians for decades, because their chosen pet is a ferret, an animal that has been domesticated longer than cats!

The California Civil Code says, in summary, that the citizens of that state have the RIGHT to own private property, which includes domestic pets. Great! So how did the state Fish and Game handle that? They arbitrarily wrote in a law making ALL ferrets, including domestic ones, prohibited. There was no vote from the public

Anyone here ever been arrested for owning a domestic pet? I know several people in Cali who have. Its an outrage IMO.

I don't wish to start any type of big political debate here, nor do I intend to offend anyone...just stating the facts as I know them to be. Ferrets may be a funny, silly, daft [insert whatever adjective you wish] subject...but government tyranny and the violation of civil rights is never a laughing matter.

If I can get to this event, I have every intention of going, supporting a good cause...and having an awesome time with new friends. I understand this event is being well received at the Southern California Harley dealerships and clubs...just FYI.