Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Helmet Law Protest, July 4, @ Fiesta Island, CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008 | 12:47 PM
Pegasus Racing
|
Cruiser
Default Helmet Law Protest, July 4, @ Fiesta Island, CA

Anybody riding to the San Diego BOLT Helmet Law Protest, July 4, @ Fiesta Island?

Old 06-26-2008 | 09:29 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Default RE: Helmet Law Protest, July 4, @ Fiesta Island, CA

Did it last year.. Maybe?

Old 06-27-2008 | 12:24 AM
Billiam92407
Tourer

Is there a link?

Old 06-27-2008 | 12:34 AM
Pegasus Racing
|
Cruiser

Here is one, It's not to good &nbsp\\;http://www.lets-ride.com/event/california.htm&nbsp\\; I when last year as well, I'll be riding down from Temecula.

Old 07-02-2008 | 08:34 PM
CAPTAMERACA
Advanced

i'm for not riding with a helmet if that's what you want to do. just make sure you have the insurance to pay for your head injuries if you bounce the noggon on the ground. the head weighs 11lbs., and if you go down it's a good chance it's going to hit the ground, and wind up being turned into a beat up mellon. have you ever picked up a cantalope in the store and found it to be soft? well that's what happens to the head. the last time i went down, i didn't even know that my head hit until i looked at my bucket. don't mean to preach, but this is a serious subject. my ex worked with respiritory patients, she would chew my *** out if i got on my bike w/o a bucket.
i wasa in AZ. enjoying not having to wear a bucket, i went down at 30mph, not only did i get a new body badge, but i got a nice one on the head, right where even a non-dot bucket would have been. i know alot of you like the freedom and the coolness of not having to wear one, more power to you. just think about it.

Old 07-03-2008 | 05:04 AM
Stelis
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: CAPTAMERACA

i'm for not riding with a helmet if that's what you want to do. just make sure you have the insurance to pay for your head injuries if you bounce the noggon on the ground. the head weighs 11lbs., and if you go down it's a good chance it's going to hit the ground, and wind up being turned into a beat up mellon. have you ever picked up a cantalope in the store and found it to be soft? well that's what happens to the head. the last time i went down, i didn't even know that my head hit until i looked at my bucket. don't mean to preach, but this is a serious subject. my ex worked with respiritory patients, she would chew my *** out if i got on my bike w/o a bucket.
i wasa in AZ. enjoying not having to wear a bucket, i went down at 30mph, not only did i get a new body badge, but i got a nice one on the head, right where even a non-dot bucket would have been. i know alot of you like the freedom and the coolness of not having to wear one, more power to you. just think about it.
&nbsp\\;
Hey Captain, this is to protest the law, not the helmet.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008 | 05:43 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Here in FL we used to do it twice a year, WE WON
CHOICE is still the freedom we crave!! Good luck U guys!!

Old 07-03-2008 | 12:19 PM
CAPTAMERACA
Advanced

i agree with you stelis, but it could be&nbsp\\; those that don't have insurance to cover themselves just in case of a down fall, and will cause your&nbsp\\;money to pay for their hospitalization of a brain damaged head, for the rest of their life.
i'm all for freedom, and i'm tired of uncle forcing me to abide by some regulation that a bunch of folks think is best for me. &nbsp\\;more power to those that want to ride w/o a bucket, i'm in their corner, just don't make me pay for their head injuries. as i've said: i've been down a number of times. only once w/o a bucket, at only 30 mph. it hurts!!!! i'll be at the event supporting the choice factor. some people can't afford insurance on their bike much less on themselves.
a story comes to mind. a rider went down and hit his head ,he was wearing a bell, smashed his bucket, &nbsp\\;he sent the bucket back to bell thanking them for such protection, they sent him a brand new helmet. believe me i'm for our rights to choose, but i hate to see a rider go down, and even more so&nbsp\\;with his brains spilled on the ground.remember the head weighs 11lbs.
&nbsp\\;look at some of the raggity bikes on the road and tell me he has insurance on it or himself. when you see an old car on the road, don't you worry if he has insurance, just in case he hits someone? and if he hits a mc , the biker loses. do you &nbsp\\;remember last yr or the yr b4, on mira mar rd, when a motorist went thru the stop lite because he was in a hurry and late for work, and&nbsp\\;killed a biker?
some idiot in congress came up with the idea that cycles should be required to have seat belts. on the m/c test they say you should ride in the center of the lane. speak of stupidity???
i'm just concerned for our safety, chit happens, we have so many things to look out for .

Old 07-03-2008 | 12:54 PM
Pegasus Racing
|
Cruiser

The Bucket Is Just&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;a Fail Safe for those who don't have the skills needed, It is always going to be Your Skills at riding at is going to save your A$$. That Tired old BS about Head Injuries,&nbsp\\;Insurance &amp\\; Helmets&nbsp\\;Is an old drum they have been banging for 30 years now. If you don't have the Skills stay off the street until you have the skills, Bucket or not It is the Skills that keep you alive&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008 | 01:03 PM
Pegasus Racing
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: CAPTAMERACA

i agree with you stelis, but it could be&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; those that don't have insurance to cover themselves just in case of a down fall, and will cause your&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;money to pay for their hospitalization of a brain damaged head, for the rest of their life.&nbsp\\;
i'm just concerned for our safety, chit happens, we have so many things to look out for .
&nbsp\\;
Thanks, Mom.

Quick Reply: Helmet Law Protest, July 4, @ Fiesta Island, CA