Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

so-cal Harley dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008 | 12:56 PM
dyebartdie
|
Road Captain
Default so-cal Harley dealers?

anyone know of any specials going on now or in the near future? I'm hoping to buy my first HD soon. Either a RK or SG

Old 06-02-2008 | 04:29 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Default RE: so-cal Harley dealers?

I just bought my 2008 Vivid Black Nighster from Anaheim this past weekend. I've been to almost all dealers in So-Cal the past month or so trying to find the best deals. When I did get the deals I wanted, they couldn't do a dealer trade to get the bike. Anaheim had the last black Nighster in So-Cal. In my experience, the Nighster in black is impossible to find so they aren't even dealing. Almost paying a mark-up. It's down right rediculous!

As for other models, I didn't see any dealer put out any specials. The price we pay for living in So-Cal. Our riding season is year around and the demand is high for Harley's, especially with summer right around the corner. Worst time to buy for buyers!

You should be able to get better deals on a RK or SG since there are more available...2009s come out at the end of July so they're going to have to get rid of the '08s soon.

Good Luck man. I hope you find a better deal out there than I did. But hey, just buy it and ride it...who cares what you pay as long as you enjoy it. I've come to learn that once you purchase something, you always find a better deal out there the next day...Murphy's Law I guess

Old 06-02-2008 | 04:55 PM
Steelknee57
Road Captain

My buddy feels that he got a decent deal on his '08 Ultra at Laidlaws....

Old 06-02-2008 | 05:07 PM
dyebartdie
|
Road Captain

well I just an email from LA Harley offering 1k off or a 7 yr. ESP w/tire and wheel coverage. Hopefully I can pull the trigger before that offer ends (end of June).[]

Old 06-02-2008 | 07:26 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dyebartdie

well I just an email from LA Harley offering 1k off or a 7 yr. ESP w/tire and wheel coverage. Hopefully I can pull the trigger before that offer ends (end of June).[]
Talk to Erik at LA Harley. Very straight shooter. Closest thing to a non-salesman salesman you'll ever find. Entire sales staff there is actually pretty great.

Bought an '05 RK Classic from him in 2/05 then my '06 SG from him again in 2/06.

I shopped everywhere and L.A. Harley and Westminster HD had the best pricing.

Having said that I was up in Monterey over the Memorial Day weekend and headed over to Santa Cruz Harley.

They were offering between $1k -$3koff on almost all of their bikes.

Bit of a drive but if you can save enough cash on the deal you know you can always have warranty work done down here.

Happy Hunting,

Primo

Old 06-17-2008 | 12:14 AM
CAPTAMERACA
Advanced

I JUST PURCHASED A 08 ULTRA CLASSIC 2TONE, WIRE WHEELS FROM SDHD. I HAD ALREADY PUT TOGETHER A DEAL THERE, BUT I WENT LOOKING ANYWAY. NOBODY CAME CLOSE TO WHAT I HAD EVEN WITHOUT THE UPGRADE IN THE WHEELS. CHECK WITH THE BOYS THERE, I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH MY TRANSACTION. MY SALESPERSON WAS TED, BUT THEY'RE ALL SUPER GUYS AND WILLING TO DO ANYTHING IN REASON.

Old 06-17-2008 | 12:19 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

San Diego HD are good people to work with. Talk to Mike in sales.

Old 06-18-2008 | 11:11 AM
Dyna_Soar
Banned

I got a very good deal last month on my Street Bob from Pomona HD. Lots of friendly people there and absolutely no pressure. And after the deal was made ($1000 below MSRP), the manager walked into the sales office, looked at the loan on the computer screen and said "We can do better than that". He then lowered my loan rate by a whole point and cut $500 from the extended warranty.
They got my loyalty with that.

Old 07-01-2008 | 05:33 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

ok just for the heck of it I'll thow in my favorite&nbsp\\; El
cajon harley best I found of all sd aarea dealers....

Old 07-02-2008 | 01:22 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

LA Harley has worked some nice deals in the past.&nbsp\\; If you're looking for DEEP DEALS then it's NOT in So Cal

Quick Reply: so-cal Harley dealers?