Hey Washington/Oregon Folk

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008 | 01:27 PM
SOCALHD
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Hey Washington/Oregon Folk

ORIGINAL: schoney

How much time are you going to have on this trip? As you ride on hwy 12 along the clearwater river stop in the little town of Orofino Id., 45 miles east of Lewiston. There is a dam there called Dworshak Dam. It is the same size as Hover Dam and you used to be able to ride to the top of the dam and sight see and park your bikes on top, haven't been there post 9-11. 71 stories from the top to the bottom. Quite a site. If you do pass through Heppner Or. pm me and if I'm home I would be happy to put you up for the night. Schoney
Thanks Schoney. I wont have my lap top with me but I will PM you guys when the trip gets closer. To get cell phone numbers.
time kind of depends on when I leave Stevensville. Either Sunday or Monday after the 4th and I do not expect to get home until the following sunday or monday. I will probably only stay 1 day in Vancouver before I head south.
I want to take inas much asI can and I have to take into consideration bad weather or emergency lay overs.
i dont think I will find many overpasses for shelter on these roads so I will have a tarp in the bags.
It is about the ride not thedestination.

Should I expect or plan on snow that time of year?

Old 06-05-2008 | 02:29 PM
SOCALHD
|
Road Warrior

Now that I have an Idea of my route. Can you tell me what type weather I will be running into. Last year on my visit to Montana it reached 100 degrees and stayed that way for most of our time there.
Leaving Montana and traveling Lolo pass should I expect some major temp drops. Space is limited so I do not want to pack too many pairs of gloves.

Old 06-05-2008 | 03:01 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

DO NOT SPEED ANYWHERE IN WASHINGTON over 5MPH and your asking for it!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;STATERS are Thick as FLYS!&nbsp\\; TRUST ME!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; They love speed tax in this State!

Old 06-05-2008 | 06:09 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member

Y2K.....beautiful photos. I've been on 95, but your 'eye' for beauty is not what I saw!!
&nbsp\\;
If socal wants to bypass CdA from Sandpoint, turn off on Hwy 41 (thru Rathdrum) and comes out on I-90 at Post Falls.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-12-2008 | 12:42 PM
schoney
Tourer

No Socal&nbsp\\; no snow.&nbsp\\; mornings might be a little brisk but it should warm up pretty quick.&nbsp\\; I usually travel pretty light this time of year. The east side of the state is usually dry, no rain,&nbsp\\; you might hit a few sprinkles once you cross over to the west side of the state.&nbsp\\; Hopefully this crazy weather won't make a liar out of me this year.

Old 06-21-2008 | 12:25 PM
SOCALHD
|
Road Warrior

Woo Hoo. I am one week away from leaving on this trip.
&nbsp\\;
Weather has warmed up (at least down here).
Bike has been serviced Etc. I want to leave now.
&nbsp\\;
I was told I have a long stretch of road between Alamo and Lund map says 111 miles with no fuel in between. I believe I should be able to make that.

Old 06-22-2008 | 09:38 AM
silverrosie
Cruiser

When in Oregon you should stop to see Crater Lake, then in Washington take the ride up to Mount St. Helens.&nbsp\\; Both are great rides.
&nbsp\\;
Hope you have an awesome trip
&nbsp\\;
Silverrosie

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:35 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

I tried to PM you a couple times and will try again.
I'll give you my cell number so if you need a hand or have trouble or just want to hook up for a beer or a ride you can give me a shout when you get near Vancouver.

Old 06-22-2008 | 04:06 PM
SOCALHD
|
Road Warrior

My e-mail says you sent me a pm but nothing in my in box since the 17th.
I guess we are gonna take a detour up to Pullman on the route to visit our nephew at college.
&nbsp\\;
I would like to hook up with you and buy you a beer for providing me the info.
I will have to see how much time we have.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-22-2008 | 05:32 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member

socalhd.....Don and I are planning to leave 7/1 for Bonners Ferry, ID (about 30 miles from Canadian border on Hwy 95) and Yaak, MT for a week. We'll be leaving from Caldwell traveling north on Hwy 95. Maybe we'll see you on the road.....I'll be on the Sportster and the other rider will be on a Street Bob.

Quick Reply: Hey Washington/Oregon Folk