Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Any Bay Area Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008 | 09:48 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Any Bay Area Riders?

i am firmly convinced that most of the bay area bike owners (at least on this forum) do not ride.
I have been to several 'events' trying to get members together from here but very few show up.

Old 05-29-2008 | 12:39 PM
panamoncreel
Tourer

I need to start paying more attention to the local rides forum... I never seem to see these things until they've passed.

Old 05-29-2008 | 01:44 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

It's not too late to come to shasta with us tomorrow!
What say you? Ok, maybe thats a stretch, but we'd still like to have ya there.

Old 05-29-2008 | 01:46 PM
panamoncreel
Tourer

Okay, that IS too late. haha I'm quite stuck in San Jose this weekend. Which sucks, because I'd like to take the bike up that way.

Old 05-30-2008 | 01:53 PM
Grumbler
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb
i am firmly convinced that most of the bay area bike owners (at least on this forum) do not ride.
I have been to several 'events' trying to get members together from here but very few show up.
Haven't lived in the Bay Area since August 2002, but I did notice that most of my friends back
there don't ride much these days. Many of them are stressed-out at work thanks to the long
hours and then there's all the congestion they have to deal with just getting out of town.

Still, I had to deal with all that traffic heading north on Fridays, and returning south on Sundays.
While it was a hassle, never did let it stop me. Can recall lane-splitting most of the way from San
Rafael to the Golden Gate Bridge.

Even if I had little time for a ride, would head out to the Quail Canyon Inn (burned down a couple
of years after I relocated) or do the Hwy 9/Bear Creek Rd loop. A lunch ride to Santa Cruz Wharf
never took much time (9 there and 17 back).

It's much easier getting out of town from Boise, ID than it was in San Jose thanks to the much
smaller population although there's not near as many roads up here as there are in NorCal. The
Hwy 55 corrider (Payette River Scenic Byway) does get northbound Friday afternoon/evening
traffic btw Eagle and McCall. Dittowise when going south starting around noon. However, it
moves along at a pretty good clip.

Hope it all works out for those of you in the bay area. At least you get more riding days than I do.

Old 05-30-2008 | 03:01 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

you know you could be on to something here

our plan worked for getting every one there but then the reservations got mixed or lost
even the cops in town new we were comming but the resturant got it screwed up
and we did not make a secondary riding plan
but it was a successfull get together to finally meet people
and put faces to names ........ btw for those that were there Ms.Linda is doing 100% better
and is now almost back to a functioning person I still wont put her back on the bike altho I do misss having her to ride with me