Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Pacific Rally - Hotel room Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008 | 06:48 PM
Bluerose
Default Pacific Rally - Hotel room Poll

Ok this is stupid but necessary.

Over the 1/2 the hotels in the area are non-smoking. To the point they will fine you $300 - $800 if the room smells like smoke.

So I need a poll on your feelings.

Old 02-07-2008 | 08:46 PM
cable
Advanced
Default RE: Pacific Rally - Hotel room Poll

so is this pick one or all that apply?

Old 02-07-2008 | 10:04 PM
Bluerose

All that apply....

Old 02-08-2008 | 12:24 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

So many choices . . . Last time I was through there, we stayed at motel 6 so we could park the bike outside the door. So what does that say about us? We aren't top drawer people and our bike matters the most. We'll be happy to stay wherever.

Really looking forward to this trip. Thanks to Bluerose for organizing everything.
Steve L.

Old 02-08-2008 | 12:12 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: sifularson

So many choices . . . Last time I was through there, we stayed at motel 6 so we could park the bike outside the door. So what does that say about us? We aren't top drawer people and our bike matters the most. We'll be happy to stay wherever.

Really looking forward to this trip. Thanks to Bluerose for organizing everything.
Steve L.
I'm the same way ...no roaches (I really hate roaches) and I'm good.

It actually offends me (and I quit smoking) that the hotels are going fully non-smoking and horribly discriminatory against a class of people that participate in something that is LEGAL.

The Best Western wants you to sign an agreement that if yousmoke you will be fined...sheeesh. That combined with a group rate that was more then the basic AAA discount and Best Western lost the group. Sorry, I think assuming someone is a criminal before they even stay there is rediculous.

Still looking. A couple of nice little places in Dunsmuir and Weed have popped up. I have difficulties getting places to hold up to 10 rooms when they only have 12 - 20 though [&:] I also can't pre-pay for rooms.

Old 02-08-2008 | 03:51 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior

I'm sure where ever we stay is going to be fine. It's all about getting together & Riding

When you chose a place, or places, we will jump on it and make our reservations.

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

ORIGINAL: sifularson

Steve L.
I'm the same way ...no roaches (I really hate roaches) and I'm good.

It actually offends me (and I quit smoking) that the hotels are going fully non-smoking and horribly discriminatory against a class of people that participate in something that is LEGAL.

The Best Western wants you to sign an agreement that if you smoke you will be fined...sheeesh. That combined with a group rate that was more then the basic AAA discount and Best Western lost the group. Sorry, I think assuming someone is a criminal before they even stay there is rediculous.

Still looking. A couple of nice little places in Dunsmuir and Weed have popped up. I have difficulties getting places to hold up to 10 rooms when they only have 12 - 20 though [&:] I also can't pre-pay for rooms.

Old 02-08-2008 | 09:02 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member

Matters not to me either where we stay....I'll be there

Old 02-09-2008 | 06:09 PM
05Dynachic
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm ok with the whole thing ............. but I'm in agreement with the "No Roaches" clause! Can we fine them if we find roaches??

Old 02-09-2008 | 09:19 PM
marcss
Road Captain

Extra large jacuzzi (like last time) is a must!! OK, not a "must", but it was nice! Decent restaurant within walking .... you already know all this! I'll shut up. Thanks for doing all this.

Old 02-10-2008 | 09:40 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: marcss

Extra large jacuzzi (like last time) is a must!! OK, not a "must", but it was nice! Decent restaurant within walking .... you already know all this! I'll shut up. Thanks for doing all this.
That Quality Inn was a keeper....haven't found anything that matches so far, a real bummer. the Best Westren had an Indoor pool and spa but they wanted $125 to $143 for the rooms and I thought that was a bit over kill. Besides there was no discount.

I was sick Saturday so I didn't do much but I'll be back too it on Monday.

Quick Reply: Pacific Rally - Hotel room Poll