Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Heading to Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008 | 06:08 PM
VegasBruce
Cruiser
Default RE: Heading to Vegas

ORIGINAL: Drum

We’ll be flying in on the 27th. Question- Where exactly is this gold mine located around Nelson? Seems I’ve talked’em into going down there. I don’t think we can make it to Oatman but it looks like a good time also.
Btw; this is all your fault Bruce
Thanks
Oh well.

Here ya go. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Las+veg...:::::f:EN:m:/e

Old 03-18-2008 | 07:19 PM
lviguy
Cruiser

you might like to check out the "destinations" on JasonJ's web page www.hog-spot.com

he's cataloging day trips (at this point) from LV, and has Nelson and Nelson's landing among others.

Old 03-19-2008 | 03:55 PM
Drum
|
Road Captain

Thanks Bruce, I was really looking for the road but I guesss once we get there we can't miss it.

Thanks Ivi for that link, helpful site.

Old 04-02-2008 | 11:45 PM
Drum
|
Road Captain

All I can say is WOW! what a great trip we had. Thanks a bunch for all the information you guys posted, it really help us out a ton.
Renting from LVHD was real smooth, great people to deal with, got two 08’ sunglow U/C and mine had 18,600 miles on it already, then ran great. The only problem was that someone left a jammed cd in the player and I could not get it out.[:@]
On Saturday it was 80 degrees so we rode up to the valley of fire 75-80 mph, we stopped at the gas station and had a great hamburger, man they have a ton of fireworks there. That park was just awesome, never before have I seen anything like that and the roads were so smooth. After that we rode I think 165 down, the first few miles were rough and I was waiting for the wife to say something about it but then we hit the smooth blacktop, that again was just an awesome rode to ride on. The wife really appreciated that they had a restroom on that road. Went over to the dam and check it out, I was like a kid in a candy store.
We did get to Nelson, could not do the mine tour because the owner just got back and said if we would have called first he would have planned on it…….oh well, it was still a good ride. We did go through a little dust storm on the way there that was kind of wild.
Next time we will need to ride a few days instead of just one.
Thanks again
Ride safe
Drum