Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Black Crowes @ da River Run this year.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008 | 08:06 PM
CoachJ
Intermediate
Default RE: Black Crowes @ da River Run this year.

Staying in Kingman this year. Lot's of rooms and a whole lot more reasonable. Looking forward to the ride this year.

Old 01-04-2008 | 12:59 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Food for thought!

Before I post a thread about all of this and the arrangements, I want to remind those of you in SoCal that are interested: Start Saving your CASH!

The hotels aren't going to be cheap! Then there's Gas, food, gambling & entertainment and bike stuff.

I'm sure the cost of this will be close to $1,000.00 for the whole weekend. Less if you decide to omit some of the above....but I think you'll still want to eat!

Old 01-04-2008 | 04:24 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member

Friend of ours stayed in Kingman last year, said rooms and food were a lot cheaper. When you factor in the Drunk Driving ticket and impound fees to get your bike back, would have been a lot cheaper to stay in Laughlin

Old 01-04-2008 | 04:55 PM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain

Screwball, I don't drink so Kingman is fine for me. Dinger, I figured your $ estimate is about right. The River Run website says the Crows are playing Thursday night at Harrahs. Did this change to Friday?

Old 01-04-2008 | 05:00 PM
Dinger
Road Master

I doubt it was changed to Friday. I was guessing the friday thing as I knew I wouldn't be up there to see the show.

Old 01-04-2008 | 08:50 PM
ladodgerdog
|
Tourer

Anyone planning on ride up on Thursday?

Old 01-04-2008 | 09:12 PM
jmcollison
Road Master

I'll probably be in on Thursday for the weekend, then riding out to Prescott, AZ for a gathering of some friends the week after.

Old 01-05-2008 | 07:13 AM
HDfiend
Cruiser

Do to work we will be going on Saturday. Last year we did a day trip not bad if you like to ride. We leave early and come back late.

Old 01-05-2008 | 12:41 PM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain

I'd ride up on Thursday. Would like to see the Crows, never have . The entire RR is Thurs - Sunday right?

Old 01-05-2008 | 05:43 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member

Think they are stretching it out to 5 days, Wednesday thru Sunday, although very little happens Wednesday or Sunday. A couple of hints, if you are staying in a hotel with "secured parking" don't park in the far rear. Friends parked back there, others blocked up the isles and they couldn't get their bike and trike out. Management said 'sorry', refunded their parking costs, but they couldn't ride for 2 days. Laughlin is in Nevada, helmet rules! Across the bridge is Arizona, no helmet rules, but the cops sit on the Nevada side of the bridge, you would be surprised how many people forget to put their helmet on.....or how many tickets get written. The Avi hotel is technically in Nevada, but on Ft. Mohave Indian Tribal Territory. For the most part, Tribal Police don't screw with you. Get a local map and find AZTEC Rd. When the Clark County police block the bridge into Laughlin, Aztec Rd will take you by the Avi Hotel and into Laughlin the back way. Traffic can get so bad it used to take 30 minutes to get across the bridge from Arizona into Nevada. Most of all, HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Quick Reply: Black Crowes @ da River Run this year.