Went down

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008 | 01:39 AM
uj034
|
Tourer
Default Went down

Hi guys,
I went down yesterday(31st)on my V-Rod. I was going home after work. A car went across the road to make a left turn. Everybody starts panic, and hit brake. I did not have any time or room to do anything. I hit the brake and slid. I went over the bike and rolled on road. I have road rash on my legs and a dislocated right thumb.

I was wearing a full face Shoei, saved my head and face. A good pair of gloves and an armed jacket saved my upper body. But I was wearing a denim jean, that’s why I have road rash on my legs.

The bike has cosmetic damages.
I have a sore body for New Year. I feel like had a tough rugby game. I will be ok.

Jay.[/align]

Old 01-02-2008 | 01:54 AM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Default RE: Went down

I'm glad to hear you came out as well as you did. I had to work on New Years Eve. I got off at 1:30 am and made my ride home down the 405 from LAX to Seal Beach in SoCal. Man I couldn't believe how many drunks were out there! I almost got taken out 3 times! I rarely ever get nervous on a bike. I've been riding 40 years, but last night I was nervous as hell! I couldn't wait to get home! Anyway, glad to hear you are relatively OK.

Old 01-02-2008 | 11:31 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer

Glad to hear you survived it and are ok and are still with us!

Says something for full face helmets ( saving your face ).

Old 01-02-2008 | 01:26 PM
designknd
Road Captain

glad to hear your o.k., the bike can always be fixed or replaced.

Old 01-02-2008 | 01:39 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad you only have rash, I have a crushed ankle from a similar accident and am still healing. Ain't no fun, I know.

Old 01-02-2008 | 04:03 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Sorry to hear about this Jay.

Speedy recovery!

Old 01-02-2008 | 06:48 PM
anubisss
Banned

Live and learn. Heal quickly. Sorry to hear of anything bad happening to anyone on a bike.

Old 01-02-2008 | 06:53 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Glad you are telling us about it. Heal fast! Cosmetics can be taken care of easily too.

Old 01-02-2008 | 07:07 PM
ladodgerdog
Tourer

Glad to hear you're doing okay. Sounds like you had on some good gear. (Cool... time to get a new jacket.)

Old 01-02-2008 | 10:15 PM
Stelis
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: uj034
I went down yesterday(31st)on my V-Rod. I was going home after work. A car went across the road to make a left turn. Everybody starts panic, and hit brake. I did not have any time or room to do anything. I hit the brake and slid. I went over the bike and rolled on road. I have road rash on my legs and a dislocated right thumb.
So you're saying a car pulled a left turn in your path, and forced youlock up the wheels and slide?If you were in a car, and had the slam thebrakes, then it's no harm, no foul. But a bike willgo down if it had to slam brakes, andthe rider will be hurt.Seems likethe car that pulled the left turn should be liable in this case, and you should be able to go after their liability insurance. Did you get their license and ID?

Sorry to hearabout your story, I hope all goes well.

Quick Reply: Went down