Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Any Portland Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008 | 05:57 AM
XKROME
Road Master
Default RE: Any Portland Riders?

ORIGINAL: coastrider

My guess is the waterfall is Bridleviel or at least somewhere in the Columbia River Gorge. The canyon I believe is Lake Billy Chinook. A lot of familiar sites- Highway 26, Highway 35, Vista House, and Highway 101. Great pics y2k. Ready to ride if it ever stops raining.

Ride Safe.
i don't remember being able to park that close to bridal veil falls, but it been a while since I've been up that way...need to do that ride again this year.

Old 04-24-2008 | 11:53 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

My guess is the waterfall is Bridleviel or at least somewhere in the Columbia River Gorge. The canyon I believe is Lake Billy Chinook. A lot of familiar sites- Highway 26, Highway 35, Vista House, and Highway 101. Great pics y2k. Ready to ride if it ever stops raining.

Ride Safe.
Pretty much correct except the falls are Horeshoe falls and yes in the Gorge near Bridleviel.

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: XKROME

y2k, allot of those pic's look very familiar, but where's the waterfall at? and the canyon?
[/blockquote]

The waterfall is Horseshoe falls on the old Columbia River scenic highway,not far from Muntnomah falls.

1-Crater Lake
2-Oswald West State Park on 101
3-US395 North of Lakeview OR
4-Mt.Adams near Klickitat WA.
5-Vista House Columbia Gorge
6-Horseshoe Falls
7-Three Sisters from just South East of Sisters OR on highway 20
8-Highway 395 again South of Wagontire
9-Strawberry Mountains near Sumpter
10-Mt.Hood from near Dufur OR
11-Mt.Jefferson from near Simnasho/Warm Springs
12-Lake Billy Chinook

Oh and in my first post Mt.St.Helens from my place and Mt.Hood just off highway 35 on Dufur Mill road.

Old 04-24-2008 | 06:10 PM
coastrider
Road Master

Hey X, if you do that ride again this year give me a holler. Sounds like a good run.

Ride Safe.

Old 04-24-2008 | 09:11 PM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

Hey X, if you do that ride again this year give me a holler. Sounds like a good run.

Ride Safe.
I see you're down in Yachats,that's my regular turn around point for a day ride down 101.
I head up the Alsea then get on 99 at Corvalis to head North again,sometimes I take I-5 if it's getting late.
Are any of those back roads from Yachats over to the Alsea hiway paved all the way through?
I get down your way quite a few times every Summer,usually make it all the way to the Redwoods at least once.

Old 04-24-2008 | 09:59 PM
coastrider
Road Master

I don't think there are X,but let me check with some of thelocals. I have been here a little over two years and not done much backroads exploring. Let me know when you come this way. Great pics as usual.

Ride Safe.

Old 04-25-2008 | 12:18 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

oring. Let me know when you come this way.
I'm Y not X but will do.

Old 04-25-2008 | 05:16 PM
coastrider
Road Master

I always did get those two letters mixed up. The're so much a like. Sorry about that. When either one of you come my way give me a holler. Have a good weekend.

Ride Safe.

Old 04-25-2008 | 09:28 PM
XKROME
Road Master

Ride Safe.
I'll do that. we usually hit the scenic drive at Troutdale, cross the Columbia at Cascade Locks and come back on the Washington side. as soon as my no-kids weekend and the weather get in sync we can go.

Old 05-15-2008 | 11:34 PM
XKROME
Road Master

we are going to ride through the Gorge this Saturday. leaving St.helens around 10 am. Washington side to Stonehenge, cross on 97 and back on Oregon side to the scenic drive for the waterfalls and Vista House. any one interested shoot me a PM and we can meet you somewhere.

Old 05-16-2008 | 09:38 AM
schoney
Tourer

xkrome the bridge over the big river at 97 is closed for construction and has been for the last 4 months. You may want an alternate plan.

Quick Reply: Any Portland Riders?