Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Any Portland Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008 | 09:33 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Any Portland Riders?

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Not sure where Goble is, but Old German Town Rd is a good one between 26 and 30. Dumps you out right around Sauvie Island.
You don't know where Goble is???? Not surprising, it's a Tavern . I work directly across the Columbia river from it. Count me in on rides, if I'm off, I'm in Woodland, WA. Great rides up the Lewis river towards Mt. St. Helens.......

Old 02-25-2008 | 09:04 PM
BonsaiBob
Intermediate

Okay ... I just found this thread! I live in Camas, WA just across the river from Portland and am looking for groups small or large (reference to the group size and not the passenger size of course!) to join up with. This thread has trickled along for nearly four months - is there a point person that is coordinating PM communications? If so, add me to the list!

Old 03-08-2008 | 12:03 AM
Goldendyna
Tourer

We live in Orchards WA. We live to ride-
Let us know.

JC

Old 03-09-2008 | 01:41 AM
kong00us
Cruiser

albany,,,let me know if you head south

Old 03-09-2008 | 01:18 PM
xwizard44
Advanced

Kelso,WA. count me in, usaully have weekends off.

Old 03-14-2008 | 12:44 PM
JDRay
Cruiser

I'm in SE Portland. Most weekends are available in one way or another for riding. Send me an e-mail.

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:11 PM
XKROME
Road Master

ORIGINAL: coastrider

A little side note here. XKROME, my daughter lives just up the hill above Goble. I live in Yachats and ride up several times during the summer. What are some good routes, if there are any,through from Hwy 26 to Hwy 30?

Ride Safe.
haven't been over here in the Pacific forum in a while sorry it took so long to respond. but this ride is worth the wait.
if you head north from 26 toward Vernonia on hwy 47 you can pick several routs to get to 30 depending on how much time you have. the first is Scapoose Vernonia hwy. it enters 30 at Scapoose. the next is Apiary Hwy and it enters just west of Ranier. then if you follow 47 to Mist you can either continue to Hwy 30 at Claskinine or take Hwy 202 that will take you through Jewel and Berkenfield and by an elk refuge and eventually come to Hwy 30 in Astoria. from there we usually cross over to the Washington side and return to Longview and then to 30 at Ranier.probably about 150 miles from Hwy 26 all the way to Astoria and one of my all time favorite rides. i do it at least once a summer.

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:25 PM
XKROME
Road Master

coastrider, ifyou decide to do all or part of that ride PM me if you want a guide and maybe we can round up a few of the other folks here too.

Old 03-28-2008 | 11:43 PM
coastrider
Road Master

Sounds like a good run. Would be great to meet some of the other Oregon riders. It will probably be late July or August before I can do it. Idrove through from just east of Rainier to Vernonia and Hwy 26 one time but don't remember the exact route. Will take you up on your offer. Do you do the HOG thing? I am doing the Oregon HOG rally again this year. If you are going or know anyone who is going I have a room to share in Pendleton on the 10th and Mt. Hood on the 11th. If you get down my way, Yachats, give me a holler. I'm also interested in the Patriot Guards.

Ride Safe.

Old 03-29-2008 | 02:00 PM
XKROME
Road Master

ORIGINAL: coastrider

Sounds like a good run. Would be great to meet some of the other Oregon riders. It will probably be late July or August before I can do it. Idrove through from just east of Rainier to Vernonia and Hwy 26 one time but don't remember the exact route. Will take you up on your offer. Do you do the HOG thing? I am doing the Oregon HOG rally again this year. If you are going or know anyone who is going I have a room to share in Pendleton on the 10th and Mt. Hood on the 11th. If you get down my way, Yachats, give me a holler. I'm also interested in the Patriot Guards.

Ride Safe.
here's a link for the PGR. after you sign up you can set up Email notification when there is a mission in your area. some of the nicest people I've ever met and the families are very appreciative.
http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx

Quick Reply: Any Portland Riders?