Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Nevada Chit Chat thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007 | 09:28 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Nevada Chit Chat thread

A "blue card" is required in Clark County. Your handgun must be registered within 24 hours. (Obviously this doesn't pertain to visitors.)

Old 07-30-2007 | 12:29 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master

ORIGINAL: kolja

West to east, take 50. 50 east of Austin is some nice riding, and Eureka and Ely are two of the neatest little towns I've seen.

North to south - 95 between the Oregon line and Lovelock is pretty cool. There's some stretches on 95 south of Fallon that are "OK" but not great. I'll have more comparison in a couple weeks when I do 93/ET highway north from Vegas, up to Ely and back to Fallon.

Now, this blue card - I've bought two firearms in this state and this is the first time I've heard the word "blue card". Is that a southern Nevada thing? Do I have a blue card and don't know it???
I have seen something about Americas Lonliest Hwy like a stamp book then you get a patch or certificate?

The blue card is only handguns and I believe only Clark county. I have bought rifles and no blue card for them only my 1871 colt replica .45.

Old 07-30-2007 | 05:26 PM
Bikemeup
Advanced

Vancouver BC canada here....

We re off on Wednesday to Reno then back home via 50 loneliest road upto austin then mostlikely 278 on the way to Elko, we have not decided if we re taking the 278 up or the 305 we ll figure this oneout when we get to Austin. from Elko we off to Idaho, then Montana and back to our side of the border... lots of ridin! so excited!

I guess i ll report of your lovely statewhen we make it back home! Only been to vegasso i ll be good to actually ride a few hundre milesin Nevada. We ve been told to make a short detour to Virginia City, also take the 722 insteadof the 50 on the way to Austinso we will..

Old 07-30-2007 | 05:28 PM
Bikemeup
Advanced

oh and while we re chillin in here, anyoen got a map of gaz stations? hehehe say from like Renoto Boise Idaho any area we should relal pay attention to fuel? lol...

Old 07-30-2007 | 07:27 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Bikemeup:
You shouldn't have any problem with gas. Leave Reno with a full tank. When you leave Virgiania City take 6 Mile Canyon Road to Hwy 50 to Fallon. You'll see it just as you enter town. Gas up in Fallon and there will be enough stations on the way to get you to Elko. Distances to towns are pretty well marked.
From Elko you will probably only need one gas stop to Boise.
Have fun.

Old 07-30-2007 | 07:42 PM
Bikemeup
Advanced

Txs steve one less thing to worry about then!

Anyone ever done Boise to creston BC? via Idahojust wondering how long that could take...we have no plan so far after we reachBoise, all i know is we ll have about 2.5 days ( 8,8,4 =20 riding hours) left to get back to Vancouver BC by then from Boise. our plan was Boise head north > Creston BC > vancouver

/cheers

Old 08-05-2007 | 12:15 PM
VegasBiker
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Although we need the rain badly, I am glad we are going back to the sunny and dry days!
Gotta be carefull since there is still lots of gravel on the road from the recent rains.

Old 08-08-2007 | 08:14 PM
VegasBiker
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Looking for a good bike shop in the area.
Thinking of visiting Freedom Cycles at Rancho & Cheyenne for service.
Anyone know anything about them or can recommend another shop nearby?

Old 08-09-2007 | 12:30 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master

Since it dried up 100 degrees don't seem so bad. I was on a 28 story roof for 9 hours friday. I was hurtin back up there today it was hot but way better with out the humidity.
ORIGINAL: VegasBiker

Although we need the rain badly, I am glad we are going back to the sunny and dry days!
Gotta be carefull since there is still lots of gravel on the road from the recent rains.

Old 08-10-2007 | 02:25 PM
VegasBiker
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Found this good bike shop for your service needs
The people are nice and friendly and they back their work.
Been around for some seven years.

Sinester Cycles
4300 N. Pecos (at Craig)
Las Vegas
639-8657

Quick Reply: Nevada Chit Chat thread