Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Nevada Chit Chat thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007 | 04:10 PM
vegashd
Banned
Default RE: Nevada Chit Chat thread

ORIGINAL: vegascop

has anyone taken the motorcycle driving test in nevada recently? I'm ashamed to admit but been driving throughout this great country and have never bothered to get a proper license. I'm just curious on what to expect when I go down to take it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. btw I took the written part 11 months ago!
not recenlty but they are some of the hardest in the country... find a small bike to do it on.... i dont know all the details but it is a cone slalom, u tun inside so many feet etc. AZ is where i did mine too and it was EASY

Old 07-28-2007 | 05:54 PM
low1200hd
Intermediate

Vegascop, If they use the cones! Just remember keep your speed up. You will be amazed at how easy it is. Trying to go slow around the cones will only result in dropping your foot down. After riding legally since 1974, I had let my lic. laps. So, in 2003 while in Kali I had to take the riding portion also. It was actually the examiner that told me to keep my speed up,and it worked great. Since then I have purchased the Motorman CD and he teach's the same thing. Good Luck.

Old 07-28-2007 | 05:57 PM
low1200hd
Intermediate

Mrsr71, I know about the CCW permit, and that some areas you can still carry exposed. But, what is the blue card? Just moved back to NV last Nov.'06.

Old 07-28-2007 | 07:47 PM
cable
Advanced

Blue card is your gun registration card
As for the motorcycle driving test I did it on my Street Bob. I only cleared 2 out of 5 cones on solem test. the rest is easy

Old 07-29-2007 | 01:14 AM
marcss
Road Captain

What are some scenic roads to take in Nevada? What's the most scenic way to cross Nevada (west to east)? North to South?

Old 07-29-2007 | 04:00 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master

If you take a MSF course you get a certificate and just take it down to the DMV.

has anyone taken the motorcycle driving test in nevada recently? I'm ashamed to admit but been driving throughout this great country and have never bothered to get a proper license. I'm just curious on what to expect when I go down to take it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. btw I took the written part 11 months ago!

Old 07-29-2007 | 04:02 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master

I have not ridden a whole lot but what I have seen is mostly desert. I rode to Alamo one day a big dissapointment. I had a buddy that drove to Reno he said there is nothing between here and there.
ORIGINAL: marcss

What are some scenic roads to take in Nevada? What's the most scenic way to cross Nevada (west to east)? North to South?

Old 07-29-2007 | 04:38 AM
kolja
Cruiser

West to east, take 50. 50 east of Austin is some nice riding, and Eureka and Ely are two of the neatest little towns I've seen.

North to south - 95 between the Oregon line and Lovelock is pretty cool. There's some stretches on 95 south of Fallon that are "OK" but not great. I'll have more comparison in a couple weeks when I do 93/ET highway north from Vegas, up to Ely and back to Fallon.

Now, this blue card - I've bought two firearms in this state and this is the first time I've heard the word "blue card". Is that a southern Nevada thing? Do I have a blue card and don't know it???

Old 07-29-2007 | 11:54 AM
VegasBiker
|
Outstanding HDF Member

see the second post in this thread..... since you ride you will pass it very easy.
It is a three day course. You get a certificate and as mentioned you just show it to the DMV and you get the M class license and an insurance discount

Old 07-29-2007 | 09:08 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master
Veteran: Air Force

a nevada ccw is also good in arizona and utah

Quick Reply: Nevada Chit Chat thread