Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Seattle baggers-willing to let me try seat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:08 AM
brocken
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle baggers-willing to let me try seat?

I know, wierd question. I was just wondering if any Seattle area bagger riders would be willing to let me try different seats...? I have a Tallboy on my '04 right now and it's comfy when I ride alone but with my wife on the back the foam is so soft that the passenger portion squishes me forward(so my weight is on my nether regions).
Anyway, I want to get a seat that's comfy for both of us but don't know which one will work. And I'd rather not waste a bunch of money buying a bunch of different ones.
I'd really like to try a Mustang touring seat or a sundower. Or anything that's comfy for two up(and i'm a big guy).
I'd be happy to leave my seat as collateral.

Thanks for looking!

Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
steelhead
Road Master
Default RE: Seattle baggers-willing to let me try seat?

If you can, have someone witha Rich's Custom seat let you sit on it. Rich's, up on Aurora N., makes a hell of a nice seat! I don't have one YET or I would offer to let you try mine.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:14 PM
BJRider
Intermediate

I agree with Steelhead. Back in April I went to Rich's for a custom seat for my Ultra and I love it. I had him install gel pads and also the heated seat option. My wife and I went on a trip in June from San Francisco along the coast back to Seattle and the new seat "Saved our Butts!".

It was worth every penny. When I get a chance, I will post a picture for you.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 AM
brocken
Cruiser

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually took my V-rod to Rich's and 99.9% of his customers are happy... I'm that .1% that wasn't. I spent all day there getting my seat done and it was worse than before...and he wanted me to come back and spend another day fitting... no thanks.
Everybody else that's talked about Rich's loves his work though.
I've had a couple saddles done by Rick Mayer and he rocks. I might have one done over the Winter but for now I'm hoping to find something to last the rest of the Summer so I can have my wife on the back.

thanks!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:45 AM
schoney
Tourer

I live too far from you or I'd let you try my mustang. Had one on my old heritage and loved it, now have one on my king and love it also. Many years ago my wife and I rode to sturgis on a stock seat. When we got there the first thing we did was look through the vendors for a new seat to ride home on. I chose a mustang and the wife and I could not believe the difference, and how much longer we were able to ride in comfort without having to stop to rest our buts. If you travel through the I-84 corridor on a road trip give me a shout if you haven't bought one yet and I will swap seats for a few miles with you. Good luck on your search.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 PM
brocken
Cruiser

Thanks schoney. I'm tempted to pick up a mustang and try it out. Sounds like it's a good seat.