Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:32 PM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: California HOG Rally

returned from the rally.........

1st Time HOG Rally.........

1. Small Vendor Turnout (maybe totaled of 10 vendors)

2. total of 3-5K riders

Ride layouts wereAWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky for us, we rode Yosemite on Thursday in 50-60 degree weather

Friday - Cold, Rain, Snow, Hail, Wind = miserable

I'd like to stay a week and ride all the rides posted.

After taking about 100 pics of El Captain, someone mention about the rock climbers on El Captain ...WTF never noticed them, this was Thursday, they had to FREEZE their Butts off on Friday and Saturday.

I expected MORE?????? but the Rides made up for the lack of expectations. Met some GREAT People, as ALWAYS!!!!!!!

Pops body gave out (75 y/o) whichcut our trip short. He's doing BETTER!!!!!, my bike is being rode back by some people I just met (I hope!!!!!!)

Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 AM
mjh
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gene01

Thanks Bob, had a great time in spite of the rain, hail, sleet, snow and the towel head who did not tell me at the gas station that they did not accept American express, I tried 3 cards and they all said see cashier, went back this morning to fuel up to return to San Diego, the guy today said, OH., we don't take American Express, only master card and Visa, didn't they guy tell you that yesterday????? what an idiot he was.... by the way, made it back to SD, only had to fuel once in LA, still had a range of 146 miles remaining on the bike.....

hope you guys all had a safe ride home....

Thanks again......
Gene01: Glad you made it back ok. It was fun to have you ride with us. The ride into the Grant Grove was one "hail" of a ride wasn't it. We did a nice ride Saturday afternoon up and around Bass Lake and that was great. Perfect weather and roads.
See ya later.
mjh

Old 10-08-2007, 05:33 PM
SweetwaterBob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you made it home Gene. It is cool to meet others from this forum and what a place to meet Fresno!! during the state rally. Sorry the gas station gave you some grief, at least they were open the morning you left. On Sunday they completely close down the downtown area of Fresno so we had to find fuel at a place out of the down town area. Greatful you made it home without any trouble and had a safe fun ride. Hope to see ya at the next meeting or local event. Keep the shiny side up.

I should have the pictures up tonight or tomorrow @ http://picasaweb.google.com/sweetwaterbob

Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a good time except for the black ice we encountered on the Sequoia run on Saturday. We had to turn around after 5 bikes went down. One guy went down 3 times before we got back on dry pavement. It was quite the experience and the group got together and helped everyone back through the ice.

Fresno did a great job on the rides, even the poker ride took us through some pretty country. I wasn't expecting vendors, but I'm glad some showed up.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/11CCAB528F694B87A549D983239DA123.jpg[/IMG]