Other Countries Other Countries

2009 British & Ireland Biker Event Calender

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 British & Ireland Biker Event Calender

I stumbled across this today and thought it might be of interest to others looking at what events are planned around England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland during 2009, including anyone from abroad planning a trip over here during 2009.

I'm sure this isnt a definative list, but it does contain quite a number of events throughout the year.

There is a warning at the top of the web page, but for anyone visiting from abroad, please be warned that a large number of last years events were cancelled, some at short notice. Therefore, you would be wise to make some enquiries as to whether the event listed is still taking place.

Anyway, I hope this proves helpfull. Lets all hope the weather this year is a lot better than the past two years.

http://www.bikerforum.co.uk/forums/r...ly-venues.html

Old 01-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by Photo
I stumbled across this today and thought it might be of interest to others looking at what events are planned around England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland during 2009, including anyone from abroad planning a trip over here during 2009.

I'm sure this isnt a definative list, but it does contain quite a number of events throughout the year.

There is a warning at the top of the web page, but for anyone visiting from abroad, please be warned that a large number of last years events were cancelled, some at short notice. Therefore, you would be wise to make some enquiries as to whether the event listed is still taking place.

Anyway, I hope this proves helpfull. Lets all hope the weather this year is a lot better than the past two years.

http://www.bikerforum.co.uk/forums/r...ly-venues.html
Thanks Photo, if Jumpin' Judy and I can make it across the channel again this year we'll try to take in an event or two.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:35 PM
german ladyrider
Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

I would like to go to Bulldog Bash in August....

Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

That's one of the best lists I've seen although there's still a lot missing.

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by german ladyrider
I would like to go to Bulldog Bash in August....
I'm also hoping to make it to the Bulldog Bash this year. However, check the oficial web site for it nearer the time. Its one of the few large events in the UK that the police failed to get cancelled last year.

I hear they are considering whether to attempt to get it cancelled again this year. Personally I dont think they will manage to. If they dont, you should be forewarned they are very likely to have mounted a huge security operation again.

They will be undertaking a lot of random stop and searches so I would suggest the following:

DONT take anything with you which might be deemed to be a weapon of any sort and definately no knives.

Stay calm, relaxed, polite and helpful at all times. Dont allow your frustration to get the better of you or they could make things a whole lot more unpleasant.