Other Countries Other Countries

Canadians look here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts
Default Canadians look here!!!

HD has a web site listing all their prices in all countries. Us Canadians are getting ripped off.

Example: part # 37970-03A Race Clutch USD $384.95
CAD $529.95

Current exchange 1.14751

That would make this part cost $439.81 CAD after exchange in Canadian Dollars. It's $90.00 difference or about 22% rip off!!!!!

I propose all us Canucks b*tch at our dealers, or go to the US, or they will continue to rip us off!

Old 02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Canadians look here!!!

Live in Windsor, 1 minute from dealer. Order my stuff from John at Zanotti HD (PA). Around 20% off US prices.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
electricuter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What really sucks is the canadian dealers dont wheel and deal or give anything (discounts etc.)for purchase of a bike like they do south of the border.I buy my parts in Bellingham HD I save lots of $$$$ seems like half the price there and the people are great.I wish it would be easy to go and buy my new Ultra down south in order to buy one the bike has to be pre-owned and at least 1 year old.
I want to thank Fred Deeley for the raised cost of our pride and joy,if it wasn't for you I would be able to cross the border and pick up my new Ultra today at a very low price...

Old 03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can't compare part prices dollar for dollar when you don't include shipping costs. You have to take into consideration the duty and freight costs. That sucks...but THAT my friends is reality!

Old 03-29-2006, 12:21 AM
jackhammer
Tourer

After you buy the ride you never need to go back unless its for warrenty. Go aftermarket and if enough riders do that, maybe the stealers will come down to reality. Lets not forget that Fred Deeley Imports has total controle over everything harley thats entering Canada and I believe they slap their own tax to all parts. There is a HD dealer in Alberta thats NOT a HD dealer if that makes sence. They buy new harleys in the US from dealers, bring them up here and sell them at good prices with carb kits and aftermarket exhaust. With that they are able to offer warrenties and honor them, this is my understanding but not possitive. http://www.houseofthunderinc.com

Old 04-02-2006, 05:45 AM
KAT_ELECTRAGLIDE
Stage I

hey... hello to all - just posting a message here looking for anyone in the vancouver bc area to hook up for rides / eats with
if so... not sure how this msg board here works so plse contact us at kkkcarter@yahoo.ca as i don't know if i'll be dropping by this particular msg board again
keep the shiney side up
kat

Old 04-05-2006, 06:06 AM
NoBoZoS
Advanced

I too turned to my friends south of the border for my customizing needs....purchased several hundreds of dollars in parts from a couple of US dealers...particularly BENJYS HD in WV...all were discounted from list....all offered reasonable shipping prices....and I only paid H.S.T (GST and PST) at the door.
Fred Deeley wake up...not all Canadians are willing to be ripped off for the sake of your profits....bring your prices down to current market pricing....in case you didn't notice our Beaver Bucks have gained considerably on the money markets.....

Old 04-27-2006, 06:03 PM
XRP
Ultimate HDF Member

Gooday:}
I just outfitted my 2006 flhti completely from e-bay. No junk only new parts, lots from hd dealers in the states. I saved litteraly thousands of dollars including shipping and duty. No I dont work for e-bay just enjoy the savings. If it can wait a week or two for arival its worth checking out. Later, Claire

Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 AM
NoBoZoS
Advanced

I forgot to mention my several Ebay purchases....completed outfitted/customized my bike without ever stepping into the dealer......Like I mentioned before...DEELEY wake up....your dealers are losing out....having to hold on to an inventory of accessories......drop your prices to competitive levels...Free Trade has given you some competition....and US dealer offer discounts!!....so Mr Deeley when are you going to wake up???

Its even cheaper for us to go state side to purchase used bikes.....that's another story....

Old 05-09-2006, 10:10 PM
lvnglf
Novice

As a business owner/importer at times, do consider shipping and duty. Fedex nails me to the wall, UPS ain't as bad, ect.

I participate though, run across, go to us dealership in Potsdam. Just wanted to share my experience,,,,,can. customs nails me on importation-big time. I always count on x1.55. So, in my eyes from 384 to 529, that is realistic.

Quick Reply: Canadians look here!!!