do i get #$&%$*^&(&^%)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:01 AM
chaelotte
|
Cruiser
Default do i get #$&%$*^&(&^%)

whant to know thing about bc canada

i want to move in bc ( vancover area)next summer and just want to know how much cost to register a motorcycle in bc per year

(where i live it cost 400$ per year for a standar bike over 600CC and over 1000$ for a sport bike over 600CC)i just want to make sure i will not pay much in bc as where i live)

it cost me to get my 2 bike on the road my street bob and my buell about 1400$ plus and other 2200$ in insurance plus 65$ per year on my driver lisence to drive a bike 6 month per year

nice 3600$ spend just for my bike.
plus i have to put tire oil and crome .LOL
any way i am tire of what i got here ....

i livewhere the sheep follow other sheep and dont ask why!!

Old 01-22-2008 | 02:06 PM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Default RE: do i get #$&%$*^&(&^%)

ORIGINAL: chaelotte

whant to know thing about bc canada

i want to move in bc ( vancover area)next summer and just want to know how much cost to register a motorcycle in bc per year

(where i live it cost 400$ per year for a standar bike over 600CC and over 1000$ for a sport bike over 600CC)i just want to make sure i will not pay much in bc as where i live)

it cost me to get my 2 bike on the road my street bob and my buell about 1400$ plus and other 2200$ in insurance plus 65$ per year on my driver lisence to drive a bike 6 month per year

nice 3600$ spend just for my bike.
plus i have to put tire oil and crome .LOL
any way i am tire of what i got here ....

i livewhere the sheep follow other sheep and dont ask why!!
Your best bet is to contact ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) at this link:

http://www.icbc.com/registration/reg_about_veh_reg.asp

I know you will be required to have an out-of-province inspection done and you will have to change over your D/L. They may make you change out any aftermarket accessories such as pipes as they have an "emissions control" program there. Best bet is if you have aftermarket pipes or anything like that is to put the factory ones on before the inspection.

Old 01-25-2008 | 08:36 PM
chaelotte
|
Cruiser

thanks to let know!! and for the web link!!

maybe you can tell me my harley is a stock one do i need to put something like the antipolution they have in california or i just the regular rule in BC as the rest of canada !!

Old 03-06-2008 | 10:00 AM
Silvertip
Cruiser

It just cost me $ 610.00 for 6 months on my 07 Electra Glide. That is for basis mandatory liability insurance only. Theft, fire, etc is another $ 600.00.
No need to put any different anti polution stuff on the bike. But it will have to be inspected.

Old 03-15-2008 | 03:28 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member

Also make sure you do it within three months of moving there or they want you to pay PST on it. I got that BS on a van we had owned for six years in Alberta but because I had been in the province for three months they wanted the PST, I told the stick it and drove back over the boarder & re-registered it in Alberta three years in a row.
ICBC sucks the big one, glad to be out of that communist province and back to free Alberta.

Old 03-19-2008 | 12:35 PM
stillwater
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HOTLAP

Also make sure you do it within three months of moving there or they want you to pay PST on it. I got that BS on a van we had owned for six years in Alberta but because I had been in the province for three months they wanted the PST, I told the stick it and drove back over the boarder & re-registered it in Alberta three years in a row.
ICBC sucks the big one, glad to be out of that communist province and back to free Alberta.
Yes, BC is a terrible place to be stuck buying vehicle insurance -- ICBC is a government run insurance provider (no competition, so no fair rates). Myself I only get my road package from ICBC and get the extras from a private firm at a much better cost (relative to ICBC that is). As for you being backin "free Alberta"; how's that winter of yours going? How many kms have you ridden so far this year? Things here are greening up and trees and plants are in bloom.