On The Mend... Post your thoughts on loved ones who are "on the mend".

Road King Down

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 PM
rdking330
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Road King Down

On 5/1/07 Iwas on my way to work at 6:40 am, a truck made a left turn and cut me off, he was issued a ticket for not yielding the right of way and driving with a suspending driver license. He used no directional just went fo rthe left I saw him and slowed down flashed lights and horn, I had no where to go I ended up locking up the rear brake and layed the bike down so I wouldn't have a head on. I stayed on the bike and sort of got sandwhiched. I broke my left leg and knee, 7 ribs on the left side, both sholder blades and rotator cuffs. No head trauma and my left lung survived. This was 3 weeks ago and I am healing up, feel a lot better and am finally home. I was wearing a helmet, jeans and boots, which one of the boots had a hole in it, sneakers I woulld have lost part of my foot. As for the bike bent license plate, saddlebag scuffed and wind scuffed. It all happened so fast! you think what could I have done better or differentley? but I then think it wasn't my fault and I'm luckly to be alive. The best thing to do, for me anyway is where a hemet and dress for riding and of course watch out for the other guy. I pray and hope all my brother and sisters out there that have gone heal fast and condolences to the familys that lost a loved one. We have to be seen, people in cars or trucks need to pay attention! God Bless All

Paul I'll be down for another 2 months

Old 05-23-2007, 12:03 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Road King Down

Get well soon bruda!

Old 05-23-2007, 06:32 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I went down Monday. Similar scenario, butI went down at a slow speed. I've been walking around in a funk ever since. Reading your post made me realize how damned lucky I am to be walking around in a funk.

Heal well, brother.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:46 PM
bdgreen
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read your post and I'm damned glad you're on the mend. Keep the faith Bro and we'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hope you feel better.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Hankjr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went down almost 2 weeks ago,mines totaled though(07 Heritage)know what you feel. good luck on a speedy recovery