Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Mobil 1 V-Twin Where To buy From ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Papamte
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mobil 1 V-Twin Where To buy From ?

I would go back to Wal-Mart and speak to the auto dept. supervisor. I e-mailed Wal-Mart from their online site and got a reponse from my local store. They ordered it for me and it is in the store now. If one store can get it, then why wouldn't the others be able too? Try e-mailing them from the website and I bet they can get it in your store. My store sold it for $7.16 a quart.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:36 PM
RKJ
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of the bigger Wal-marts ought to have it. I've been noticing they are starting to get some cycle stuff in (Bell helmets and accessories, Mobil V-twin 20-50 and Fram filters). If you can't find any, like Mac said a lot of people use 15-50 with no ill results. I used to in my Sporty snd will top off with it if I don't have any Vtwin stuff here. Oh, it sells in little ole Rolla Missouri for $6.00 and some change.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old thread but good info...

I picked some up this weekend for $7.19 / qt at Walmart

Old 09-12-2005, 10:20 PM
72Hog
Cruiser

Anyone notice a change in their conversion to Mobil 1?

Old 09-13-2005, 10:14 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I didn't notice any difference in Mobile 1 and HD Dino. I will be going back to HD Dino for price, availability, and convenience.

Regards,

Bill

Old 09-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 72Hog

I'll be doing the experiment soon.. Mobile 1 V Twin, Redline Shockproof Heavy on order, Standard H-D Primary Fluid.

I can say now at 1500 miles on the Syn3, I hear lifter noise, pushrod noise and cam noise. Also, it's not shifting as nice as it did new, possibly indicating something to do with the Syn3 in the primary and/or tranny. The engine does run relatively smooth enough but nowhere close to as smooth as it was at the last oil change. I tend to think no matter what oil it is, when it's around 2500 miles out from the last oil change, it will let you know...

However, this change I'm doing myself, and I'm using one of these.. http://www.roguechopper.com/# (Scavenger Oil Change Kit) to get out ALL the old engine oil. I'll pay close attention to how much wear metal is on the plug as well from the syn 3.

We shall see.. The test is not just smoother quieter operation right off the bat but also down the road from the switch.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Gerard
Road Master

I went into the Autozone on Wilkinson Blvd in Belmont and didn't see it on the shelf so I walked out. I just called this morning and Autozone does indeed carry Mobil 1 V Twin......they keep it in the back, $7.99 a quart.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:42 AM
RICBME
6th Gear

Wally World has Mobile V Twin 20 W 50 , here in San Antonio TX for $7.19 quart.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:54 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't find Mobil 1 in Wally World where I am. Autozone has it (usually) here for $8.49/qt. I have been running Amsoil, which isn't cheap either, that runs about $7.95/qt. + shipping. Went down to the York open house 2 weeks ago, found the bike 1/2 qt. down. The Amsoil dealer had it for $7.00/qt., no tax, no shipping. The only problem was how to get a full case home on the back of a Superglide? Bought a quart, better than nothing.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lower engine temp, enough so that I can feel the difference ( I don't have a temp gauge).

Also, my fuel mileage picked up, at least 2 mpg. Last weekend on a solo ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway ( bike is a 2005 RK Classic), I got 49.2 mpg on the way up the mountain. Two weeks ago riding 2-up on the BRP I got back-to-back tanks at 47.5 and 47.6 mpg. I'm happy.

I went into the Autozone on Wilkinson Blvd in Belmont and didn't see it on the shelf so I walked out. I just called this morning and Autozone does indeed carry Mobil 1 V Twin......they keep it in the back, $7.99 a quart.
That's good to know, my mom lives in Belmont. I can stop in there on my next trip.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 V-Twin Where To buy From ?