Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Pure power filters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:07 PM
jth81766
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure power filters?

I have read a few articles with dyno charts provided that say Purepower oil filters will increase horsepower by 8hp and tourqe by 10 ft-lb, however I don't know anyone who has tried the product, if anyone is familiar with this product could you please provide a review?

Old 02-15-2007, 11:36 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Pure power filters?

Welcome to the forum.......as for those filters.....I doubt it.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

The same as snakeoil and bearings for your muffler. Granted, that specific oil filter may be a good filter...but to claim that it produces more hp and tq are just completely flaming bullshit.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 PM
jimb
Road Master

The reason they claim more hp&tq is better cooling through better and cooler oil flow.The filters are 200 bucks.The element is made of stainless steel so you only have to clean it and not replace it.Those are pretty big numbers for just oil flow.However if you look at it, I believe Jim's claims several hp from switching to their oil pump from a stock oil pump.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
jimb
Road Master

Also, this filter has won several awards for design at car shows, including SEMA.Some NASCAR teams use it.Check out their website.purepower.com.There is some interesting reviews from car magazines on it.They make this thing for anything with an engine, cars, trucks, planes, bikes, boats...etc.Still, those are pretty high numbers.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:52 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I gotta believe if the MoCo could get a 10% increase in HP & Torque with an oil filter...ALL Harleys would have them from the factory.......they just restroked the TC88 to get that kind of an increase.......don't you think screwing on a new fliter would have been easier and cheaper?

I'm throwing the BS flag on those filters.........

Old 02-19-2007, 09:03 AM
sedbiker62
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

I gotta believe if the MoCo could get a 10% increase in HP & Torque with an oil filter...ALL Harleys would have them from the factory.......they just restroked the TC88 to get that kind of an increase.......don't you think screwing on a new fliter would have been easier and cheaper?

I'm throwing the BS flag on those filters.........
FLAGGED[sm=bs.gif]
I'd be an idiot not to agree...You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see this one. I don't care if you pump 10,000 gallons of oilper second through your scoot, ain't gonna make more hp. Not even withAMSOIL....
Now make them pistons pump up and down at10,000 rpm, now we're getting somewhere..there's your hp. Engine works more, engine makes more. Horse power is displacement and the amount of work the engine does, not oil flow.

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
jimb
Road Master

I looked at the dyno chart with these numbers.The first was very erratic, mmajor drop in the midrange.The second was smooth as silk across the band.Betcha the bike wasn't ready the first time.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 PM
winndl
3rd Gear

The filter specs from the web site looks good, butI think the HP and torque claimisquestionable though.
My question is, doesn't a Twin cam filter require an anti drain back valve? On the Pure power filter break down I don't see this.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:39 PM
markdt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a load of you know what!!! Mark...

Quick Reply: Pure power filters?