Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

FYI on Shaeffer oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FYI on Shaeffer oil

Too my fellow Shaeffers oil users, I am giving an FYI on a new "packaged" V twin oil by Shaeffers.

IT IS EXACTALLY THE SAME AS THE REGULAR NON V TWIN PACKAGED OIL.

I was stopped by a rep a while back and we got to talking about oil for the scooters. He said there was a new oil which is certified for use in Harley Davidson V Twins.

Really!!!! We I get on the phone and call my regular oil guy since he is a straight shooter and a friend, in which I get all my Shaeffers oil from.

I mentioned the HD Vtwin stuff and he had not heard about it yet. So he gets on the phone directly to Shaeffers themselves. Shaeffers tells him directly that it is the same oil just packaged in bottles that say certified for HD V twins.

Also they tell him the price is exactally the same as the regular stuff. The only reason for the packaging change was for dealers not wanting to stock anything unless it says "certified"

So if you walk into a scooter dealer to buy this new oil and find the price to be higher then usual. Don't blame the product company, blame the dealer because the dealer is getting it for the same price they would for the regular stuff that does not say HD Vtwin Certified.