Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

I cant find my leak RRRRR.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011 | 10:31 PM
odgreen
|
Stage III
Unhappy I cant find my leak RRRRR.

OK I bought a 97 1200c and it was a really good deal (I thought) I have been riding it with very little problems and a small leak at the rear rocker. I came back from Colorado and drove the bike one night and came out to the gasrage and there was oil/primary oil all over the floor. I know the engine oil came from the rocker but for the life of me I cannot find where the primary oil is coming from. It was all over basically everything behind the stareter back. I assume the drive belt slung most of it everywhere.
I have cleaned up the rear section and started the bike and can find no leaks, I also strapped to the stand and started it in gear and still no leaks.
I have the bike stripped as far as rear tire, fender, battery etc and the gas tank is removed. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I will check my vent tube tonight but other than the dirt covered surface oil that was already there I find nothing on the hoses.

I do have an extra 1200 motor to put in but have no idea what condition it is in other than the guy saying it ran good before it was removed.... It was a $300 extra to a large parts collection so any thoughts to using that motor(99) and rebuilding the 97 ?????