Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Where to buy AMSOIL

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 AM
AluminumGT40
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where to buy AMSOIL

I am looking to install synthetic oil in my 2003 FLSTCI. Where do I buy Amsoil at the best price? Any tips for using synthetic engine oil in my HD? About what price should I expect to pay for a gallon of oil?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:12 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

We have Amsoil at discounted prices. Click the link in our signature.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Your bike will thank you after you put in the Amsoil 20w50! No real tips at all! Just change out your old oil and put in the Amsoil. Make sure to order an Amsoil oil filter as well. Part number for the oil filter should be: EAOM134 for the black and EAOM134C for the chrome.

This is what I used on my 2009 Street Glide at 650 miles in order to get every single drop of the factory oil out: http://roguechopper.com/about.htm I highly recommend the Scavenger to everyone that wants to get a complete oil change! Watch the videos and you will be amazed!

The best way to save the most amount of money on Amsoil is to purchase it directly off of our Amsoil store. Click here to purchase Amsoil products at up to 25% off retail: https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/de...spx?zo=1683845

The key to buy at wholesale rate which is what our shop buys at is to sign up for the preferred customer program. Once you sign up, you buy at an ultra-low rate directly from our Amsoil store. Once you place an order through our Amsoil store, Amsoil charges you directly and ships the product to you from one of their most local warehouses in relation to where you live. It's that easy!

Here is a direct link to where you can sign up for the preferred customer program: https://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?category=22

Once you sign up, you can then purchase regularly at the low prices. It is worth the low cost of the program as you save a lot on your purchases.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM, email, or call us at the shop!

Thanks!

Shawn

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 01-21-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

In my mind ,Amsoil was the first and is the best. First used it in a 650 kawwie, actually felt the increase in power. As far as best price on it, "the quality will remain, long after the price is forgotten."

Old 01-21-2010, 07:07 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose
In my mind ,Amsoil was the first and is the best. First used it in a 650 kawwie, actually felt the increase in power. As far as best price on it, "the quality will remain, long after the price is forgotten."
Amsoil is amazing stuff. I use only Amsoil in my bikes and my cars!

Shawn

Old 01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 161 Posts

[QUOTE As far as best price on it, "the quality will remain, long after the price is forgotten."[/QUOTE]

How do you figure that? That oil will be in the oil drum with all the other lesser cost oils after you change it. Do you think by using amsoil,it will really help a perfectly good running motor? I certainly would not forget that I paid around $10 a qt for oil, then had to pay and have it shipped to my house.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:55 AM
redneckharley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iam new to Harley, If I use mobil1 in my ultra will it void my warranty?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,960 Likes on 22,549 Posts

I had always heard that Amsoil bought their base from Mobil 1 and then put in their additives, that being the case I'll stick with Mobil 1 V-Twin that you can buy at Wal-Mart for less than $9 bux a quart.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,088 Likes on 3,646 Posts

Originally Posted by redneckharley
Iam new to Harley, If I use mobil1 in my ultra will it void my warranty?
No it won't, I would suggest not using it in the Primary and Tranny, Use primary fluid in the Primary, Some will sugest ATF fluid, i like primary fluid...Then use gear oil in the tranny...Shifts a bit smoother than SYN 20W50.

Do a search on the oil thread if you want more info but beware...there is so much info out there that it will make your freakin head spin.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lionsm13
I had always heard that Amsoil bought their base from Mobil 1 and then put in their additives, that being the case I'll stick with Mobil 1 V-Twin that you can buy at Wal-Mart for less than $9 bux a quart.
That is a misconception. Amsoil formulates and manufacturers all their lubricants in-house. They don't acquire materials from their competitors.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Shawn

Quick Reply: Where to buy AMSOIL