Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

What's going on with HD's Oil Coolers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006 | 01:12 PM
2005UltraNC
|
Road Master
Default What's going on with HD's Oil Coolers?

Had a touring super premium oil cooler ordered - was told that the MoCo is discontinuing the touring / replacing others. Anyone know what's going on? Should I try and find the 62895-03A Super Premium cooler in someone's inventory or wait till the MoCo does something?

Old 07-06-2006 | 02:42 PM
MntCruiser
Cruiser
Default RE: What's going on with HD's Oil Coolers?

I had the same issue yesterday on the 62895-03A Super Premium. I tried two different online orders, and they were canceled due to non-availability. I just received this from one vendor "Your part 62895-03a has been discontinued by the vendor. The part has been superceded to 62895-03b. The new part is a "Future item" meaning that that this part will be available sometime in the future could be 2 weeks or 2 months before this part becomes available."

Old 07-06-2006 | 02:46 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member

I've had mine for 18 mo's with no problems. can't be a problem with the cooler, unless more recent ones had a manf defect.

Old 07-06-2006 | 11:15 PM
Lpye
Road Captain

No problem with mine.

Old 07-06-2006 | 11:44 PM
wnogood
Banned

Ditto on the "No prob's"...I must say, I have my doubts about just how well it works....

nogood o~`o

Old 07-07-2006 | 03:26 AM
websterdan
Tourer

Maybe HD's contract with the manufacturer has ended. Then the manufacturer can sell them to the general public. I always thought it was JAGG, but can't confirm.

Old 07-09-2006 | 06:53 PM
2005UltraNC
|
Road Master

Now wonderng what the MoCo is planning - or should I get a JAGG - JAGG looks just like the HD version. I'm still under warranty and would hate to install a non-HD part - especially intergral to the engine. The flyer I received from HD says that the current part numbers are being replaced - they already have new part numbers for the Dyna and Softail (however those won't be available until August). Touring model - flyer says to wait. But, back to my initial question: why they making these changes?

Old 07-11-2006 | 10:54 PM
tjcj
Intermediate

Time for an oil change and had I planned on adding the 62895-03a super premium cooler and the chrome cover, local dealer has both in stock but wants list price, called HD dealer that discounts, was told that HD discontinued, they would sell me one of the old ones, would have to check to see if they had any left but there were no returns allowed for any reason, at that point he said the they were discontinued due to leakage problems. new version due in August. Haven't done anything yet. Could go pick up old version at local dealer, many out there with no problems, anyone know if there is a datecode to avoid? Will probably go ahead and change oil now and wait for unknown new and improved (probably with enhanced price)version. Or I could go aftermarket. Can anybody verify or update info? What would you do?

Old 09-07-2006 | 07:22 PM
tbradley
Cruiser

Dealer just emailed me that my super premium oil cooler finally came in after being back ordered since the middle of June. I don't know what the part number is on the one that he has for me, but curious what changed and why it took so long.

Old 09-07-2006 | 09:03 PM
BigTom
Cruiser

Was told mine was on backorder last week. Should be in on the 29th

Quick Reply: What's going on with HD's Oil Coolers?