Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Oil drain plug/Trans drain plug 07 Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:43 AM
strange ultra
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the Pic

This was a great tool for those of us "do-it-yourselvers" who want to save a couple of bucks. I appreciate the post.

Stranger

Old 06-26-2011, 03:48 PM
cbdiver
Stage I
Default 06 Ultra oil plug-Knowledge is Power!

I rebuilt a automatic transmission, self taught hydralics on skid steers, backhoes and concrete pumps, replaced clutches....... It's not the fisrt time I've had a wrench in my hand. But, I am not interested in draining my transmission oil when I have engine oil, o-ring and filter ready to install. I read other forum advisors and followed their advise and pick up a manual from Harley-$60.00. They must work for the Harley Manual division. Guess what, no pictures or info to find the correct plug. Thanks for the real info and REAL PICTURE. You must have parked your bike in the same spot in the garage- cause the sun is in the same place.

Thanks again

Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

In the '07 service manual on Pg 7-30 (Fig. 7-57) and on Pg 7-31 (Fig 7-58) it shows the engine & transmission drain plugs quite clearly. It would have been nice had they included the pics in the maintenance section, but the info is nonetheless there...

Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 24 Posts

Didn't see much savings? Either you need to buy oil someplace else or your dealer is doing changes for a great price. Last time my brother-in-law had the local stealer do his oil change he was out $125. I change mine for less than $55, that's a chrome filter and Mobil1 full synthetic

Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Mike
Didn't see much savings? Either you need to buy oil someplace else or your dealer is doing changes for a great price. Last time my brother-in-law had the local stealer do his oil change he was out $125. I change mine for less than $55, that's a chrome filter and Mobil1 full synthetic
Amen. My dealer has "service specials" & it's "only" $90 with HD360 dino or $109 for Syn3. These are "special" prices mind you, LOL.
My last oil change cost me $17, with VR1 dino & a Wix filter.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
randy2002
Stage III

Great pic WV!!!!1 Some thing i can show my friends!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:52 PM
MTYFAT
Stage II
Default Oh ****

Guys,

I have a 2007 Road Glide that I just attempted to change the oil. According to the "Drains for Dummies" pic, I drained fluid from the Primary (1 of 2) plug. I then drained the fluid from the correct plug after doing research. Total fluid drained was only a little over 2 Liters with the filter removed (I know I was low a quart).

I am confused because the Primary (1 of 2) plus SEEMED to drain motor oil. It seemed logical because it is directly under the motor. The MAIN primary plug I now know is directly under the Primary (duh!). The fluid was very black and I just had the Primary fluid changed under 1000 miles ago due to the replacement of the Stator.

Can anybody confirm this IS the Primary plug OR is it another motor oil drain plug.

Thanks!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:55 PM
MTYFAT
Stage II

Guys,

I have a 2007 Road Glide that I just attempted to change the oil. According to the "Drains for Dummies" pic, I drained fluid from the Primary (1 of 2) plug. I then drained the fluid from the correct plug after doing research. Total fluid drained was only a little over 2 Liters with the filter removed (I know I was low a quart).

I am confused because the Primary (1 of 2) plus SEEMED to drain motor oil. It seemed logical because it is directly under the motor. The MAIN primary plug I now know is directly under the Primary (duh!). The fluid was very black and I just had the Primary fluid changed under 1000 miles ago due to the replacement of the Stator.

Can anybody confirm this IS the Primary plug OR is it another motor oil drain plug.

Thanks!

Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 PM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow another 4 year old thread resurrected.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
Wow another 4 year old thread resurrected.
Who cares how old it is? If the service manual had a decent picture with plug location, it wouldn't need to be resurrected. That is a great picture. I didn't want to change my oil, because of all the posts that say they drained the wrong plug. Now I am going to do my own oil.

Quick Reply: Oil drain plug/Trans drain plug 07 Bagger