Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Changing your oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006 | 08:59 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Default RE: Changing your oil

ORIGINAL: peppi

Again, you dont understand the plumbing of the TC oil system or you wouldnt be continuing this.
No, this is where you're mistaken, I understand the plumbing quite well, perhaps as well or even better than most.

I think you should rethink a few things you posted here and come up with a better mousetrap so to speak. Some of your theories are rather soggy.

As far as the DIY people appreciating the tool, that's fine , I have no problem with that at all.

Now for your theory about the new filter, this is old news to me and I have explored many facets of oiling systems probably before it was even thought of. There is more than one person in the world that can analize a situation and come up with a conclusion that benefits most people.
Thinking of and experiementing with are 2 different things. You think the bypass valve on an oil filter will open at startup and bypass all the oil. I know for a fact it won't under 99.9% of the time under most circumstances. What you think may be a theory holds really no water. Talk with Feuling on the issue: http://www.feulingparts.com Feuling is the place that referenced me to Rogue Chopper on their simple little bypass device a few years back to begin with. Im sure the good folks at Feuling may know a thing or 2 about the twin cam oiling system, dont you?

Old 01-03-2006 | 09:08 PM
peppi
Road Captain

Thinking of and experiementing with are 2 different things. You think the bypass valve on an oil filter will open at startup and bypass all the oil. I know for a fact it won't under 99.9% of the time under most circumstances.
You make some pretty wild statements here and I can see that there is no way possible for you to back that up with facts, which to me ends this conversation for us so you can go on to hold these theories you have set out here as facts if you so please.

Old 01-03-2006 | 09:27 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

ORIGINAL: peppi

Thinking of and experiementing with are 2 different things. You think the bypass valve on an oil filter will open at startup and bypass all the oil. I know for a fact it won't under 99.9% of the time under most circumstances.
You make some pretty wild statements here and I can see that there is no way possible for you to back that up with facts, which to me ends this conversation for us so you can go on to hold these theories you have set out here as facts if you so please.
I can't see you backing up your facts either. Can you? Please show us all proof of your own thoughts. Or are you just making up your own statments based on what you "think" and read from some magazine articles? I make my own statements based on my own experiences working on these bikes daily. What are your own thoughts based on? Lemme guess, AIM reader, Donny Peterson junkyard dog?

The conversation should have ended after post #23

Old 01-03-2006 | 09:35 PM
HDF Tech
Banned

This thread is going downhill.

The last word is not always the best way of handling things.

[sm=lockeddance.gif]

This thread is locked because of it.