Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

MyOilShop - sponsor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Older_Biker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyOilShop - sponsor?

Anyone know what happened to MyOilShop as one of the sponsors here?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:38 AM
EZ2Rider
Road Master
Default RE: MyOilShop - sponsor?

Merged with "Racer Parts Wholesale". You can still reach their site with www.myoilshop.com and the new company gives the same 10% discount if you enter MOS 10 in comments on the order.

Fast service and seem like good guys . I have used them since the changeover and am still a customer.

EZ

Old 10-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Older_Biker
Intermediate

I buy from them too. But it puzzled me that they were and then weren't sponsors here, almost overnight.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:35 AM
tvolk
Intermediate

I am the owner of Racer Parts Wholesale (bought myoilshop.com inMay 2007). Both Jack (GM of RPW) and I ride bikes (2007 RKC for me) and have posted here many times. We really appreciate the Forum and the business from the Forum members.

We have greatly expanded our Motorcycle Division since June 2007. Our latest product is Helen Twowheels packing system --many HD people use her products. Our inventory of H2W product is being delivered by Helen to our Indy Warehouse next week. We are putting in A LOT of inventory so we will be able to ship off our shelf.

As far as being a Forum Sponsor---we are sitting it out for now. We were a sponsor for the last 3-4 months and the cost to us was $150/month for the advertisement you all saw on the right side. For us to continue with the same advertisement--the cost went to $250/month. We talked to the people who own the Forum and they offered a rate of $200/mo for the next 3-6 months only--then up to $250/mo. (I think that was the deal--my marketing person handled it). They are nice people----we have no problem with what they are doing for their business.

We really like this forum (as both riders and Advertisers). We are reviewing our overall advertising program for 2008 to see how we can best get the word out about myoilshop/RPW and all the new products we have in stock. One program we have in place is our Premier Event Program (we give free goods for giveways at select Rallys/events). We did three motorcycle Premier events over the last2 months and are looking for suggestions for 2008. (FYI--We did 35+ events in the automobile world during 2007--in addition to shipping 1000+ orders a month out of the Indianapolis 10K sq ft warehouse --just to the car crowd).

We will continue to offer the best service and lowest cost for Red Line Oil (and the other products we sell). We are actively trying to get the word out to more of the HD community. Again, we welcome ideas on where/how to do it. I briefly debated cancelling the MOS10 discount for the Forum members(10% off Red Line Products) with an additional 10% off for case qtys-- to help pay for the forum advertisement--but decided that most members would rather keep the discount!

Please contact me (or Jack) with your suggestions!

Thanks

Tom Volk

Old 10-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Older_Biker
Intermediate

Thanks for the information. Hopefully, you can be a sponsor or on the furm in the future.