Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Amsoil philosophy question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:49 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts
Default RE: Amsoil philosophy question

ORIGINAL: bear95252

AMSOIL also has a Preferred Customer Program where, for a $20.00 annual fee, you can buy all of the products wholesale. There are over 80 synthetic products and have recently added the complete line of Mothers Car Care Products, NGK plugs and wire sets and Trico wiper blades. Of course you can pay retail if you like. All orders will be shipped to your door buy UPS. As a preferred Customer, you have access to a Tech Service hot line for answers to any lubricant or filter questions you may have. Try that with Mobil.

As an Independent AMSOIL Dealer, I make a very good living selling AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants. I am proud to be associated with a company the still cares about the little guy. If AMSOIL where to sell to Wal Mart , with the quantities they would order, they would be able to dictate the price and then undercut the dealer network and put them all out of business. Once that was done then they would have AMSOIL by the throat and that would be the end of AMSOIL . But at least you would know where to buy it.

Hope that answers your questions
Ahh...more Amsoil propoganda,

Ask your Tech Service people why the $$$ Amsoil oil filter has less filter surface area than HD's or any of the other premium filters.

I'm sure you do make a good living selling Amsoil botique oil. The world is full of gullable people who don't know any better and have money to burn. Sure Amsoil is very good, but so are several others which are not overpriced or over hyped.

I've yet to see any of the companys, whos productsWalmart sells, be choked to death. Walmart still gets pretty much the going rate for Mobil 1 V-Twin. The only adverse effects I can see is that it would help rid this forum of the Amsoil *****$.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
bear95252
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your response CHarley. You have proved how much you don't know about about Filtration, Wal Mart and AMSOIL. Here is the tech support number for AMSOIL (715) 399-8324. I dare you to get the facts. Guilt prior to investigation, You know the story..Or do you?

Bear

Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 AM
peppi
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

cHarley

Why don't you call that tech number so they can "enlighten" you more than you get "enlightened " here . They would no doubt wave the white papers at you like always happens here. Did someone say "brainwashed" or was that a big truck that just passed?

Someone fix that record, it's stuck in the same groove again

Old 06-28-2007, 11:23 AM
bear95252
Cruiser

That us EXACTLY the response I expected.. Thank you

Old 06-28-2007, 07:34 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Seems like I have a decision to make.

1: Listen to one manufactures "brainwash" service center line.

2: Spend hours doing indepth research based onvarious manufactures data,many independant test results,and liveuser experiencesfrom people who have been using the products for years.

I guiess if I were a salesman and didn't have 30+ years experience as an engineer, I might have to think about this.

You want to sell me product, don't refer me to your service center. If your selling it, YOU better know YOUR chit instead of just looking to collect my money.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:52 PM
EZ2Rider
Road Master

"Thanks for your response CHarley. You have proved how much you don't know about about Filtration, Wal Mart and AMSOIL. Here is the tech support number for AMSOIL (715) 399-8324. I dare you to get the facts. Guilt prior to investigation, You know the story..Or do you?

Bear"

Bear, seriously, take a sales course other than the Amsoil coolaid.The object is to pursuade, not to denegrate and put down. The man made a living as an engineer, you are floundering as a snake oil salesman.

Sorry but this is another reason you shouldn't be engaging in sales hyperbole here. It is NOT the right place for lubricious missionaries.

JMHO,
EZ[sm=nothatway.gif]

Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
07SG
Cruiser

Well, I don't sell Amsoil, but I am a very satisfied user of the last ten years.

Somebody, please point me to all this "factual evidence" denigrading Amsoil.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07SG

Well, I don't sell Amsoil, but I am a very satisfied user of the last ten years.

Somebody, please point me to all this "factual evidence" denigrading Amsoil.
Near as I can tell no one'sdenigrating Amsoil's product, just their sales approach.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Cynic
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't used it, but maybe I would if there were less choices for a inexpensive quality synthetic. I am howeverimpressed by the history and the documented quality of their products, butI was sort of put off in the beginning when some of the people peddling it went for the hard sell. A lot of them had those little bearing machinesthat were supposed to demonstrate how superior the oil was to everything else on the market, and one guy in particular liked burning it to show how little residue was left?

In a nut shell, Iuse cheaper and more convenient sources forexcellent qualitysynthetic oil products.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't use Amsoil but know lots of people who do and their products are excellent. Just too much hype about them can get annoying.

Quick Reply: Amsoil philosophy question