Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Lucas Primary Chaincase Oil - good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Gilmb
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lucas Primary Chaincase Oil - good or bad

Thinking of using "Lucas Primary Chaincase Oil" in the primary on my 2013 RK. Searching forums and can't seem to find much on this oil and was wondering if anyone is using it. If you are, do you have any concerns?

My reason for changing to this is because I always seem to have engagement when starting the bike in gear as the bike slightly pulls especially when cold. Very hard to move when shut off and not in neutral with only clutch disengaged. The Lucas oil is easily available where I am.

I am using the Lucas 75w140 in the tranny and it works well, finding neutral is much easier. I am starting to believe those who say, motor oil in motor, primary in primary, gear oil in tranny.

Thanks

Old 02-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Rollbar
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Great post. I to have this exact problem and the clutch is adjust correctly but in my case, I share tranny/clutch lube.

Interesting.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:40 PM
swifty
Road Captain
Received 111 Likes on 55 Posts

The Lucas primary oil is just that primary or chain case oil. Made for a clutch, You wont hurt anything. Bel -ray, spectro and red line also make a chain case lube.. I used bel-ray for 5 years on my old bike and on my new bike I use spectro. I haven't seen any big difference in the lubes but I only have one season with the spectro.
What you are describing on your bike is the clutch plates are not separating when you pull in the clutch {they are sticking together}. The lucas should help and you can always try the other brands and see what work best for you.. But I would also adjust the clutch just to take that out of the equation... Good luck to you!!!!swifty