Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 08:15 AM
jonneyone
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure

I'm installing red shift 527 cams in my 2013 road glide. I was looking at the stock cam chest and oil pump. it didn't look good to me. the engine only has 4,000 miles on it. where the cams sit on the back of the plate there were scoring marks. also I looked at the thrust where the cams ride on the back of the cam chest I didn't see any ports for oil to run between the cam and chest. I took the cam chest to my Harley dealer to have it check out. they told me it was normal wear. and go ahead and use the cam chest. another thing when the oil was hot at idle the oil pressure was next to none. I know the problem that causes that. instead of using the stock cam chest and oil pump, I called zippers tech line. about this. they recommended a feuling cam chest and high flow oil pump. they e-mail the specs over to me. I ordered the cam chest and pump. part number 8015, and 7060. also I got the arp bolt kit for both of them. when I received the cam chest I looked on the back side were the cams ride there was oil ports in it. also the front. I would recommend everyone to read about this cam chest and pump. I know it's kind of pricey around 760.00 however it will save your engine. here is the feuling web sight. also zippers. www.feulingparts.com zippersperformance.com, check it out.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

With only 4k on the bike and low or no oil pressure when hot,,, I would've made the dealer fix the problem under warranty.

I've got 18k on my 2013,,, always had good pressure at idle even when it was hot enough for Parade Mode to kick in... I just did Cams & Lifter and also installed an Axtell Oil Bypass System in the cam support plate...