Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

RMC 100th Anniversary Party

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 11:41 PM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RMC 100th Anniversary Party

http://www.readingmc.com/anniversary.html

Came up in another post so thought I'd start a thread for a headcount, intro's, questions, gripes, whatever.

Go!

Last edited by blackscootersociety; 07-01-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:16 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,652 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Beer is included? How does that work? Do you just bring a mug and they fill it up?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:11 AM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey, Sorry I never replied. Very busy month.

To answer your question, YES, the beer is included. There is a beer wagon and you can just keep filling up. You get a mug and a pin when you get your wristband, but you can also bring your own mug as a lot of people do.

We can still keep this going as info for next year. This year was OK. The place was PACKED! I heard rumors they tried to get ZZTop as the headliner but that didn't happen.

My only gripe from this year (and many more before it) was about camping. It's kind of hard for someone not from the area here to get a spot if your coming in from out of state. There is a rope-off night but whose gonna travel here just for that so they can camp the next weekend. If they change anything in the rules for next year I hope its that. There aren't any hotels nearby and I don't know of any campgrounds. Besides it would be foolish to leave there at night after drinking all day and the local cops are on high alert that weekend. If they could figure something out in that department, I think it would be a lot more fun for everyone.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:02 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,652 Likes on 1,127 Posts

I did ride on up to the event on Friday evening. Good time and the beer was flowing.
I do agree with your comment about the camping. I had a VERY difficult time trying to find a spot. I ended up asking one of the people with a motor-home (who seem to use a huge amount of space), if I could setup camp in their area. He gave me the OK.
Not sure if I would attend the event again though, based on the difficulties of getting a camping spot. It seemed ridicules the amount of space the motor-homes were consuming.

Originally Posted by blackscootersociety

To answer your question, YES, the beer is included. There is a beer wagon and you can just keep filling up. You get a mug and a pin when you get your wristband, but you can also bring your own mug as a lot of people do.

We can still keep this going as info for next year. This year was OK. The place was PACKED! I heard rumors they tried to get ZZTop as the headliner but that didn't happen.

My only gripe from this year (and many more before it) was about camping. It's kind of hard for someone not from the area here to get a spot if your coming in from out of state. There is a rope-off night but whose gonna travel here just for that so they can camp the next weekend. If they change anything in the rules for next year I hope its that. There aren't any hotels nearby and I don't know of any campgrounds. Besides it would be foolish to leave there at night after drinking all day and the local cops are on high alert that weekend. If they could figure something out in that department, I think it would be a lot more fun for everyone.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:19 PM
NoHpBagger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you guys enjoy the drag racing during the day?

Been racing there since the mid 90s when it was actually clay based dirt packed and rolled w calcium....those were the good ole days!!!

Met a lot of very kind hearted old timers there. Many moved on --RIP to them!
if you have the opportunity to go to any of their events do it the memories are endless, and of course everyone can't be pleased 100%. But personal stuff aside it's awesome!!!

Old 12-31-2014, 05:51 AM
touchdown
Supporter
Veteran: Army
Received 1,773 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Originally Posted by blackscootersociety

Are you a member? I am one of about 1400 members. Rope off is just another party for us. nothing is going to change as far as camping goes. Lots of people came after and found spots to set up a tent on Thursday after noon until Friday night. A camper is another story. As far ZZ Top goes cost to much. Hope you had a good time I know I did. Now for $45.00 you got bands playing all the time, drag racing, wall of death, all the beer you can drink, camping for 3 days. Hope you make it next year

Old 01-06-2015, 11:05 AM
1BigWilly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rode up for the day with a buddy and hung out with some friends who camped, drank a few beers and rode home. No issues at all. Had a great time. Cant wait till next year.

Winter Party is coming up! 1/17