Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

HARLEY RENDEZVOUS - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
LuckyRoadKing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HARLEY RENDEZVOUS - Questions

Wife and I are planning on attending the Harley Rendezvous in NY for the first time this year. Hoping if anyone has been there they could answer a few questions.

What time do you need to get there to get a good camp spot?

What is the best area for camping if we want to be in the "party area"?

Do they have food vendors for all meals?

Are there showers?

Anything else you think I need to know....

Old 03-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: HARLEY RENDEZVOUS - Questions

Hey Lucky! Well, not sure I can help you much; last time I did the "vous" as they call it was 89. Think it was the 11th annual at that time...........had a great time. Yes, they have meals pretty much around the clock, I think they'll let ya in on Thursday evenin, officially it starts Fri am, but they let ya in nite before. You probably want to get there earlier to get the best sites; butbe careful, this is not a "family event" and there are folks who've been doing this one since Christ was a cowboy and if you set up in "their" spot, they'll let you know real quick like! As far as campin in the "party area" that pretty much covers the whole place! They do have showers, can't say they're like the Ritz, but it gets the job done. Now the toilets..............best to have some really good nose plugs fore ya go in there! LOL................Tons of vendors, lotsa of tat artists................pretty much anything you might want. The area is very nice to ride in, but a lot of the locals are not very friendly towards the bikers..........course that may have changed in the past 18 years too. The event is held on a private country club called Indian Lookout. I'd say if you both like the "down and dirty" genuine dirtbag biker kind of event, you should have a blast. Not sure about colors there these days, but they used to be pretty strict about attitudes. The whole idea is for everyone to have fun and be able to let their hair down for a few days. There's really no reason to have to leave the grounds, everything you'll need is there. Have a good time! Be safe.

Troll
p.s. don't miss "Gus!"

Old 03-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Bigbird
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been there before but I'll beworking security for the Vous this year. When we have our staff meeting, I'll post some info for you.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Craka05wideglide
Advanced

Hey guys where in NY is the 'Vous held at? can u do a day trip thing and get in? is there anywhere to park the bike? Im lookin to hit some good events this year that i can do as a day trip and upstate is far enough but not too far and its nice as hell to ride. thanks in advance

Old 03-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Bigbird
Tourer

www.harleyrendezvous.com

Check it out

Old 04-12-2007, 03:21 PM
LuckyRoadKing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anyone here going in on four wheels?

I will be in NY on business that week and will be renting a bike to go to the rally. Problem is it may be a little tough to get all of my stuff to NY then load the bike at the dealer. I have a system to loading my bike and I am not sure the dealer want's to see me load my gear onthere bike the way I do on mine.

I was hoping to find someone going in with a camper or trailer who would let me ship a couple of things to you (basically sleeping bags & tent) and I will just hook up with you there to get my stuff.

Let me know.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Bigbird
Tourer

Just let me know what your looking to do. Like I said, I'll be working security there so it wont be a problem to ship that stuff to my place. I live about 20 miles from there.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:39 PM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey bigbird nice paint in your gallery, when u getting the bike together for full pics

Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Bigbird
Tourer

I have it back together but I don't have a good digital camera to take some new complete pics. Hopefully soon. Thanks!