Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

NJ HOG Rally - Finaly the reason for it's end (BS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:32 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NJ HOG Rally - Finaly the reason for it's end (BS)

This is what I wrote to HOG:
I can't believe it, I guess some cry-baby wants to hold it somewhere
else in NJ but there is no better place than Wildwood.
Oh well, I'll just stay in the dark about the real reason there is no
rally cause you people don't have the ***** to tell us HOG members the
reason for it. Guess we're not gonna get our monies worth from our HOG
membership dues anymore so then there's no reason to renew my membership
when the time is due.

This is the reply I received:
Mike, I would hope you'd give us a little more credit... It was a
difficult decision made by a committed team of experienced folks. I'll
cc Dan who can fill you in on the details but believe me it was not what
anyone wanted.

From Dan:
The decision not to license the New Jersey Rally Inc for 2007 was a serious decision under difficult circumstances. H.O.G. does understand that many members do look forward to attending this venue and apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience that this decision might have caused.

There are a lot more advantages to being a H.O.G. member than just going to Wildwood for a State Rally such as Fly and Rides, towing reimbursement, chapter affiliations, National Events, and so much more. I would encourage you to take full advantage of all of these and possibly other State Rallies.

The reason for the New Jersey State Rally cancellation was due to a failure to file for income tax over the past three years and failure to maintain legal archives for the past six years. H.O.G. would be in federal and legal violation to proceed with any future business without resolving these issues. There is no blame to anyone or anyone affiliated with those rallies in the past. The processes and system that were in place did not ensure that these conditions were met. We are evaluating these processes and systems to ensure that these federal and legal guidelines are met to ensure a successful rally in the future.

However it has been stated that in the future H.O.G. will not have a presence in Wildwood. We understand that there will be some H.O.G. members that choose to attend the venue at Wildwood even though H.O.G. will not have a presence there. The future State Rallies will be held on an alternative date that has yet to be determined in order to offer an additional and new adventure that doesn’t conflict with the venue at Wildwood. As for where the State Rallies are held in the State of New Jersey, that will be a decision of the chapters and dealers to resolve along with H.O.G. approval at the annual rally proposal meeting. As in the past the annual rally proposal meeting will be held sometime in the fall of 2007 and you can be part of that decision through your dealer and chapter representative.

We at H.O.G. are confidant that the chapters and dealers are resourceful enough to find that there are many other locations in New Jersey that can be explored and utilized for a future rally. At the present time we are progressing to ensure that there will be a 2008 state rally and will be working closely with the dealers and chapters of New Jersey.

Dan Mattias
HOG Regional Manager

Sounds like BS to me, support other state rallies, no-one's to blame, bla, bla, bla.
I can't wait for the announcement of where the next HOG rally will be.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:48 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: NJ HOG Rally - Finaly the reason for it's end (BS)

Mike, I haven't been to Wildwood for the rally, but I have been there quite often for other reasons. I am as upset as anyone that we're not having the NJ Rally for a second year in a row, and I'm going to write them directly.

Last time I was in Wildwood, people were getting shot in the street. My personal opinion is there are better places in NJ for the rally. Atlantic City is a slam dunk. Basing it around Seaside or Long Branch are other options.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People get shot in AC and Seaside is a dump compared to Wildwood and Long Branch is nothing more than condos these days buy use of eminent domain.
Where in AC is there a parking lot big enough to hold the rally and why would I want to get run over buy buses and old folk who can't wait to lose their money?

Old 02-08-2007, 09:40 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member

I'll find you a parking lot. Plenty of places just up and down the shore, doesn't need to be right in the middle of AC. But there is way more to do in AC than there is in Wildwood. Wildwood was a dump 25 years ago dude.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:55 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member

Just sent the following to that Mike.Keefe@Harleydavidson.com in the other post:

Mike, just wanted to shoot you a note to express my dissapointment. When HOG cancelled the '06 NJ rally, fine, something didn't work out. Now that you've cancelled the '07 rally, well, I'm upset. So are many HOG members in NJ.You've had at least a year, if not twoor more since you've known about the problemsand this years up coming event.That's more than enough time, even if you don't have the paperwork, to hireaccountants, let them grab what they can and come to some kind of an estimate with the IRS and the state.I think HOG needs to be a little clearer and deal with the issue. Where is the money that was to pay income tax? Was is "miss-appropriated" or was it embezzeled? Is there a HOG legal subsidiary set up here in NJ that that did this, or is all done aspart of the central corporation? [/align] [/align] If the issue is that the money is gone and thereisn't anyto pay for the income tax and such, well, I think you owe dues paying members, who are not getting a rally, a real explanation. "Not paid the income tax" is way too vague. Andyou need to tell usSPECIFICALLY what's being done to rectify the problem.[/align] [/align] I apprieciate the "give your input through the dealers", but at this point, two Rally's down, that's way too remote a connection. I don't see my dealer for months at a time, particularly in the winter.Other responsibilities. You need to talk to NJ HOG members directly. We're adults and typically businessmen.[/align] [/align] P.S. I have no issue with finding an alternate location. Wildwood is a "old". Would prefer AC or Seaside area myself. You'll get people feeling both ways.[/align]

Old 02-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Shibby
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was also talk that they wanted to combine the NJ rally with NY state rally which alot of people were displeased with. We shall see what happens.....

Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 AM
ACRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm confused....wasn't there an 06 Hog Rally? I attended something down there sponsored by HOG last September. It wasn't Roar to the Shore either, this was down at the convention center parking lot. Wasn't that the Hog Rally?

[align=center]
[/align]

Old 02-08-2007, 11:55 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member

It was cancelled last year AC, must have been another event. The note cancelling the 2007 was put right over the same url I believe so the old post, saying 2006 rally cancelled, is no longer on the net.

www.njstatehogrally.com

Old 02-08-2007, 01:26 PM
ACRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh.....I wonder what I attended? lol!

[align=center]
[/align]

Old 02-08-2007, 01:53 PM
JSY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[:@]I've enjoyed reading the posts on the NJ State Rally and how fellow NJ HOG members feel. I'm surprised that no one had posted it before me. I went to the PA HOG Rallyin Gettysburgand it made NJ's look like a piece of crap. Registration was $25.00 and for that you received a shirt, pin, activites, discounts to various places,and including a concert on the last night by Little Feat. There were block parties with and guided motorcycle tours through the battlefield as well as favorite riding routes in the area. The rally lastedThurs.through Sat. I had a blast! We had the Mid.-Atlantic HOG Rep. at one of our local chapter meetings and I asked why don't we have the rally in the Vernon Valley? His answer to me it's at Wildwood now. I live further from Vernon Valley than eitherWildwoodor Seaside which are both dumps. I'm sure there are alternative locations that are better than the two previous ones.You haveto remember that when Harley wanted the 100th Anniversary in NJ it never developed. Maybe NJ just wants our state rally to be in a dump.
Just my 2 cents,
JSY

Quick Reply: NJ HOG Rally - Finaly the reason for it's end (BS)