Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

East coast motorcycle rally

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011 | 01:11 PM
Smokey Burnouts
|
Road Captain
Default East coast motorcycle rally

Gonna ride up with some friends to this so called "east coast Sturgis" in little Orleans,Md.
Anybody been? just kinda curious what im getting into. Hoping it will be a good time with lots of music, beer, and places to ride.
Any info or advise would be good
thanks

Old 07-25-2011 | 02:50 PM
Davepa
Cruiser

Have been and will attend again
You must be 21 years old to enter and for good reason. Even though the outer edges including Bill's Place, the close by watering hole, will often offer beads, breast, and some full nudity.
Once inside the main area , prepare to have a good time. These people know how to party!
Plenty of entertainment to be found once the alcohol kicks in and the sun goes down.

If you come to ride, there is some great scenery nearby.

Old 07-25-2011 | 03:21 PM
Smokey Burnouts
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Davepa
Have been and will attend again
You must be 21 years old to enter and for good reason. Even though the outer edges including Bill's Place, the close by watering hole, will often offer beads, breast, and some full nudity.
Once inside the main area , prepare to have a good time. These people know how to party!
Plenty of entertainment to be found once the alcohol kicks in and the sun goes down.

If you come to ride, there is some great scenery nearby.
Thanks for the info... i wanna ride as much as i can but always leave time for beer and wildness as well!! sounds like ill have a good time

Old 07-25-2011 | 03:30 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Old timey type rally. I'm going to try and get up there this year again. Out in the woods anything goes. If you like to party like it's 1969 yeah you will love it. Don't plan on getting any sleep, bring some nodoze.

Old 07-25-2011 | 04:34 PM
Smokey Burnouts
|
Road Captain

music to my ears!!! thanks guys maybe see yall up there

Old 07-28-2011 | 02:10 PM
Subtrane
Advanced

Thanks for the info, I was going back and forth on wether or not to go. Looks like I may go from Thurs to Sat.

Old 07-30-2011 | 07:17 AM
RKdannyC
Intermediate

Lots of good riding, we usually ride up to the Road Kill Cafe in pa for breakfast, then pretty much explore the area all weekend.

This is an old school rally, not much for ammenities, if your camping on ECS site I would buy a shower that hangs in a tree! (unless Ken improved them this year they pretty much suck), The earlier you get there the better your camp site will be. Last year we didnt get in until Fri and there wasnt much choice left for tent sites.

The High Octane BP is a worthwhile stop, good music - lots of crazy burnouts- and if your patient mixed drinks. Its the only gas station I know of that has fuel,food,alcohol, and live music.

The B&B on top of the mountain has a nice view and is a great place to stop and cool down with a cold one.

Its def on my top 3 list...

Last edited by RKdannyC; 07-30-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-30-2011 | 08:46 AM
Smokey Burnouts
|
Road Captain

RKdanny.... thanks for the info!!

Last edited by Smokey Burnouts; 07-30-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-01-2011 | 06:30 PM
hooter23
Intermediate
Default east coast sturgis

If you like drunken debauchery this is the place.We go to motorcycle weekend rallies all the time and this one is nice.Except for Buffalo chip at the real sturgis and easy rider rodeo in chillicothe ohio this is our favorite.Good music, you can bring your own beer into the event and don't miss the motorcycle demoloition derby.During the day lots of good riding. We have only missed two years since it started and we now take a week of our vacation its so much fun have a great time.

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:04 PM
NAUIdvr1
Tourer

This will be my 3rd year at ECS. I wouldn't miss it! Great time, Great party! We're riding up Wednesday from Bel Air, MD (buddy has a cabin not far from the rally). Every year I tend go an extra day early, before to long I'll be going up for the whole week.

Quick Reply: East coast motorcycle rally