Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

West Virginia riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:32 AM
wvbiker26187
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: West Virginia riders

This is for all you Born and raised mountaineers who moved away and are missing our great State.
Hope you all get the dust off them rides and ride this wonderful state.
Video link :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hF89jqwxQVg

Old 03-29-2008, 07:22 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: West Virginia riders

ORIGINAL: jeepkracker

IM FROM JACKSON NJ, BUT JUST SPENT A COUPLE OF DAYS IN WV IN NOVEMBER THIS YEAR. OVER NIGHT IN A SMALL TOWN BRUCETONMILLS . IT DID HAVE A BAR (PHOST OFFICE LOUNGE) . THEN WENT TO MORGAN TOWN. HEARD ABOUT A BIG RALLY THEY HOLD AT A BAR THERE IN JULY. I'LL HOPE TO HAVE A DECENT GROUP OF JERSEY RIDERS COMING IN FOR IT, HAD TO BE SOME OF THE NICEST COUNTRY IVE EVER SEEN.
Mountainfest,it's actually all over Morgantown

Old 08-24-2008, 07:33 PM
KBrown53
Road Captain

I was raised in Mason, WV, now live in SE Ohio. I call West Virginia Home and proud of it. I love the hills, the culture, and most improtantly, the people. Being raised there is somehting that I am most thankful for.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:03 PM
CrimsonThunder
Road Captain

<------- Paden City, WV (10 points to whoever has heard of it)

Halfway between Wheeling and Parkersburg, right on the Ohio River. Family was originally from Shinnston area. Went to college in Fairmont. Grew up goin' campin' at Big Bear Lake (Alaskan Village Lot#2228) over past Bruceton Mills, eatin' at Little Sandy's there for breakfast. Once saw Tom Wopat (Luke Duke of The Dukes of Hazzard.) Nothin' like bein' a redneck car nut in a truckstop in rural WV and seein' Luke Duke. I was geekin' out.

A little tidbit about WV history, talking about being in the northeast and such. Did all the WV'ers here know that we really did side with the Union in the civil war? While most of us consider ourselves more southerners than anything else, the reason we cited when applying for statehood was that we didn't agree with Virginia on the issues that caused them to secede.

Another fun fact: We are the only state that was not properly voted on. We kinda snuck it through during the civil war and were never subject to the 2/3 vote states are required to pass to declare statehood.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:40 PM
electradad
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Thunder... I'll take your 10 points! I went to the police academy with a guy from Paden City PD.. Near as I recall, one end of town is in one county and the other a different county...

Im in Moorefield Wayyy over on the other side of the state. Quite a few of us here that ride, but nobody has heard of this site for some reason until I bought my FIRST harley, that I will be glad to report, I ride the *)#%% out of.. 5k since april

I just posted a poker run my fire company is having in October... You guys ride over and see us!!

Old 08-24-2008, 10:51 PM
CrimsonThunder
Road Captain

Awesome man. You are correct in that we are across a county line. That's worth 15 points! LOL!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:55 PM
prichmon
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Huntington WV. I'd like to hear from the people local.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:22 PM
07Streetbob77
Intermediate

Rowlesburg, Preston County

Old 01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
WVleo
Road Master
Default WV

Martinsburg, Wv ! Great riding area Wv is thruout the state ! Ride Safe.....WVleo

Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 AM
taz ride
Road Master

Lived in Moorefield,WV for 6 years and loved every day of it. Great place to live. Best roads to ride.

Quick Reply: West Virginia riders