Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Any Good Poker Runs In PA or S Tier NY?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Any Good Poker Runs In PA or S Tier NY?

They're alot of fun, but I went on one last summer where you drew all the cards at the dealership, and everybody left at the same time ---- parade style, and I didn't like it. There's one out of ***'s in Mansfield that's a blast. Get 1st & last cards at the dealership, and then follow a map for the other 3. About a hundred miles. You can leave whenever you want --- by yourself, small group, or large group --- as long as you're back to get the last card, by 3:00. THAT'S what I'm lookin' for. Who else has a poker run like that, where I can go? Thanks.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I8AGSXR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Geezr when is the one at ***'s I know they are having their rummage sale the 23rd, Geneva harley has a dice run at the end of the summer we had a real blast at last year.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by I8AGSXR
Hey Geezr when is the one at ***'s I know they are having their rummage sale the 23rd, Geneva harley has a dice run at the end of the summer we had a real blast at last year.
Check their website, but I think the last couple of years it was Mem Day Monday. You should come down. Sign up starts at 9 & just hang out for awhile. Leave whenever you want, get back before 3, free food with signup, door prizes, etc. Just a fun day. Geneva's a nice ride from here. Only a couple of hours. I'd go up for a dice run.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never done a poker run. Maybe I'll check out ***'s this year. I'm only 40 mins from there.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Hey HOGRIDA --- DEFINITELY go down to ***'s & ride it. Even if you're by yourself, you can just walk up to people & see if you can ride with them. I've done that before. $15 to register, and you get food, door prizes, live music, etc. It's a fun day.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:43 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thunder in the Valley is next weekend (June 23-26) in Johnstown, PA. The flight 93 memorial ride would be nice if you've never been there. Unfortunatly I was there the day of the crash and have never gone to see the memorial. Here are the rides scheduled and here is the link to the event: http://www.visitjohnstownpa.com/thun...l-information/

2011 Rides and Runs

Dinner Ride—leaves from J&M Parking Lot, Washington St.
Thurs., June 23 Ride starts at J&M Parking Lot on Washington St. at 6 PM and ending at Anthony’s Restaurant for a buffet dinner.
Sundown Thunder Run—Scooter’s, Rt. 403 near Greenhouse Park
Thurs., June 23 leaves Scooter’s at 8 PM and returns to Thunderbash at Greenhouse Park.
Flight 93 and Quecreek Mine—leaves from Greenhouse Park
Fri., June 24 and Sat., June 25 registration begins at 11 AM and ride leaves Greenhouse Park at 1 PM. Sponsored by Cambria, Somerset, Westmoreland Counties ABATE

Ice Cream Run—leaves from J&M Parking Lot, Washington St.
Fri., June 24, hour-long ride leaves at 6 PM and ends for ice cream at The Meadows.

Thunder Ride—All Cernic’s locations
Fri., June 24 rides leave Duncansville Cernic’s locations at 5 PM to arrive at Cernic’s Johnstown location at 132 Belmont Ave. Kick off begins at 4:30 PM with food and drinks. Ride leaves Cernic’s at 6 PM and ends at Greenhouse Park.
5th Annual Gob Run—Richland Fire Dept.
Sat., June 25 registration begins at 11:30 AM and ride starts at 1 PM from Richland Fire Dept., Scalp Ave. In memory of fallen RTFD Firefighters.
Charity Bike Run—Masonic Temple, corner of Linton St. & Valley Pike
Fri., June 24. 1.5 hour scenic ride. Registration begins at 5 PM, ride leaves at 6 PM. $10 per rider, $5 per passenger. Benefits the Mystic Riders Chapter of the Widows Sons Masonic Riders Association.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Might take a run down there on Saturday. Already have tickets to see the Pirates & Red Sox on Friday night. Thanks. It's not a bad ride at all, from up here.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I know this is somewhat of an older thread, if you're looking to put some miles on, theres a poker run coming up out of Schaeffer's Harley-Davidson in Orwigsburg, just south of Pottsville (Home of Yuengling).

All proceeds ($15 rider and $10 passenger) go to Operation Support Our Troops in which the dealership collects goods and ships overseas to the currently serving military.

www.schaeffershd.com

Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 AM
yellowpearlfb
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Geezr...I'm not sure of you're still looking for poker runs but if you want check out these sites. There seems to be some good information on them.
http://www.lets-ride.com/
http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/eve...nsylvania.html

Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 AM
shrydog
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 39 Posts

Check out www.ndhpmf.com they have an annual poker run in your area twice a year. The next one is july 9th starting from Coudersport American Legion.

Quick Reply: Any Good Poker Runs In PA or S Tier NY?