Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Delaware Riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 AM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Delaware Riders

This may have been posted before

Delaware no longer bust your ***** for loud pipes for inspection. I had heard it rumored but did not believe it. I just bought a Deuce from Virgina and had to have it inspected. I bought a set of stock pipes off Ebay because the Deuce had V&H ShortShots. During inspection they were training a new woman and she asked if it was too loud and the guy said it does not matter. I shut the bike off and started talking to him. I asked if what I heard was true and he said yes. It does not matter what pipes you have it will pass. Even the Short Shots I took off? He said the police can give you a nusiance ticket for being too loud, but loud pipes have nothing to do with a safety inspection and they will pass anything. He said it was put in place in August.

I had heard that some guy fought Delaware on the decible restriction saying that it would have to be measured in a sound proof room with no other background noises etc. He took it to court and won, thats why they did away with it for inspection.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 AM
taz ride
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet news for me & the wife. Just moved back from Md. and need to have our bikes inspected. Thanks