Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

recomendations for resturants with in 150 miles of Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
tlmitchell
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought of another one, Crossroads Inn at the corner of Rt 82 & Rt 44 in Mantua, OH. Place looks like a shithole, not particularly deluxe on the inside but the food is good, it's extremely biker friendly and the owner rides. Carleton H-D is within sight of the place if you need to get a chrome fix.

TL

Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
rkduq20
Tourer

toby hill bar and grill in clarion is good so ive been told. one of my good freinds from high school owns. its him and his brother. Ive never eaten there but everyone i know who has says its really good. Hes a biker too. his whole family is. On the weekends there is usually live music. sounds like a really cool place just never have made it there. good route to ride up to it is 28 up to 66 in new bethlem takes you into clarion. make a left onto main street go until you come to a stop light. make right on right on 5th ave. or go up rt 68 say on 68 whole way until you pass main street then it should be on your right just a little past the court house.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
tjolley2000
Intermediate

Thanks for all the suggestions... please keep them coming.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:56 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plylers in Brookville one of the best places on the map....Also hunters in on rt.27 between Titusville and Meadville some of the best wings and stake and Bloomin onions ever..... Plus it is a great ride to either one....Some real beautiful country.... Hunters is owned by one of our card carrying members HA HA Pa silverback he is a biker also.....

Last edited by White Knight 04; 03-25-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 AM
rkduq20
Tourer

im originally from brookville. the old plyers was good the new plyers not so much. too expensive now. they kind of have a monoply on the resturant biz in that area cuz there isnt much else other than fast food places and truck stops to eat at.

there used to be a place called 5 forks in tionesta but i think it closed. that place was the bees knees. Phenomenal view of the river and top i mean top notch country cooking. it was buffet too. some of the best deserts ive ever had.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 PM
amighjm6
Intermediate

try to make it into johnstown, pa for "thunder in the valley". while there check out "the haven" and order a reuben, then across the street to "murphy's" for the best breaded wings you'll ever have...douse them in hot sauce and garlic salt, then head up 271 to the "rosebud inn" and order a delmonico steak. you won't be disappointed.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Magoo's Tavern in Cresson Pa. Biker Bar and Restaurant, The Beer tap at the bar is a Harley V Twin engine and the Food is top notch. Not far off of Rt 22 and just south of Ebensburg Pa
Clap

Old 03-28-2010, 10:57 AM
tjolley2000
Intermediate

thanks for all the great recommendations... It’s going to be difficult on which to check out first. Keep them coming...

Thanks

Old 04-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by rkduq20
im originally from brookville. the old plyers was good the new plyers not so much. too expensive now. they kind of have a monoply on the resturant biz in that area cuz there isnt much else other than fast food places and truck stops to eat at.

there used to be a place called 5 forks in tionesta but i think it closed. that place was the bees knees. Phenomenal view of the river and top i mean top notch country cooking. it was buffet too. some of the best deserts ive ever had.
Agreed. I've stopped at Plyler's a couple of times & it's just an OK family style buffet. Not a bike-ride stop. From now on, I think I'd rather go down the road a hundred feet & get a sandwich made at Sheetz!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 130 Posts

Hey tjolley ---- Gotta go up to Elk County & check out Benezette. You won't be disappointed.

Quick Reply: recomendations for resturants with in 150 miles of Pittsburgh