Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

"Troll Trek"

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default "Troll Trek"

Hey all! Each year, early in May, Mrs Troll and I put on a little ride that's become known as the Troll Trek. It's usually about 2-3 hours, starts in Greenfield (Ma) and ends at our place in Shelburne for a cook out. There is no charge for this ride, although the can is always out for those who feel moved to chip in with the expenses. Normally we have burgers,dogs, and chicken...along with assorted salads, desserts, etc. We do not provide any alcohol, but there are other beverages. There is no purpose for this ride other than getting out there once it gets decent enough and taking a ride through some pretty scenic areas (usually western Mass/southern Vt) and enjoying some good times. We're not sponsoring any cause or trying to raise money for anything. Just for fun springtime break out fun ride. We're not even sure we can pull it off this year due to the wonderful financial situation we all enjoy these days, but we're gonna try. So, if you're interested, please send me a msg and let me know! Last year several folks from HDF joined us and I think they all had fun. Hope to hear from you! More details if/when we can firm things up...

Thanks to all
Troll

Last edited by Ugly Troll; 01-07-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:05 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ugly Troll
Hey all! Each year, early in May, Mrs Troll and I put on a little ride that's become known as the Troll Trek. It's usually about 2-3 hours, starts in Greenfield (Ma) and ends at our place in Shelburne for a cook out. There is no charge for this ride, although the can is always out for those who feel moved to chip in with the expenses. Normally we have burgers,dogs, and chicken...along with assorted salads, desserts, etc. We do not provide any alcohol, but there are other beverages. There is no purpose for this ride other than getting out there once it gets decent enough and taking a ride through some pretty scenic areas (usually western Mass/southern Vt) and enjoying some good times. We're not sponsoring any cause or trying to raise money for anything. Just for fun springtime break out fun ride. We're not even sure we can pull it off this year due to the wonderful financial situation we all enjoy these days, but we're gonna try. So, if you're interested, please send me a msg and let me know! Last year several folks from HDF joined us and I think they all had fun. Hope to hear from you! More details if/when we can firm things up...

Thanks to all
Troll
Kev, I'll put the word out amongst my friends/family.

For anyone looking for a great ride, some great friendships, and some incredible food...mark your calendar for this ride! I went last year when I was home for vacation from Iraq and we had an incredible time, even though the weather wasn't the best.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,602 Likes on 22,699 Posts

Sounds great! I'd go on the ride but I'm a little ways away. Been out to Berksires several times, and kinda favor the Pittsfield area. It just has a little too much moisture for me, as in snow and rain, but it sure is pretty there.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master

Hey Jake! Look forward to seeing you again! As usual just let us know how many so we can plan accordingly! Hopefullu, Perch and Catfish can make it again, and again, anyone interested in coming along is welcome! We just need to know so we have enough for everyone.

Troll

Old 01-15-2010, 06:29 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Troll, keep Catfish and me posted, and I;ll keep checking here. We had a great time last year.

Jake, hope to see you again!

We'll mention the ride to a couple we met. He's on the forum here, although I don't know how often he peeks in these days.

Meanwhile, take care!

Perch

Old 01-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master

Ok, shaping up like Saturday, May 8th this year! details to follow soon!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:16 PM
HeyDoc
Cruiser
Received 116 Likes on 64 Posts
Question

OK for a new guy to attend? Not a new rider (30+ years riding!) but new to the group?

Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master

Hey Doc! You're welcome to join us. Watch for more details as we get a little closer!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On the calendar and the word is out!

Old 01-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master

Thanks Ray! Really appreciate it! Looking forward to riding again!

Quick Reply: "Troll Trek"