Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Gettysburgh bike week

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Willetts1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dawg i'm in the same boat. Cant afford Daytona or Sturgis this year. Will be locals for me, Gettysburg, Little sturgis and delmarva..maybe mountainfest in WV..though went to that one a couple of years ago.wasn't too good. No nitelife at all.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:19 AM
lghtngblt02
Advanced

Gettysburg, was decent with the exception of the rain. Ill be there again. Come on down, it'll be worth it like the others have said.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:35 PM
PLHbrian
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gettysburg is ok but the area around it and into Maryland is great riding.

For a local bike week, Delmarva is great.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Stash
Tourer

Been there for three years in a row. Probably going back this year. In the past they usually have one "big name" band; 38 Special; Molly Hatchet. This year they have cut that out. Its a small event, but I usually put a lot of miles on riding the area.

2007 & 2008 members of this forum set up a meeting point at the Gettysburg Hilton. We had a block of rooms set aside. We did some rides, toured the York HD plant & had a great time. It was great meeting some new people. However, last year that too fell apart.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:42 AM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am only about an hour away and Gettysburg is a part of my normal 1 day scenic ride so I do go out there. Personally, I wouldnt waste my time and money if it was further away. I talked to quite a few vendors last year who said they aren't going to bother coming back. The cost of space is outrageous and the crowd is dwindelling. Personally, I had a better time at the HD York open house weekend and Carlisle. Carlisle just blows Gettysburg out of the water when it comes to vendors, plus they have demo rides, shows and other events, but the downside to carlisle is that the whole town isnt as into it. You go there and everything is in one location, so you dont get to do much riding.

Oh yeah, and the rain SUCKED this past year. I hit it right as I was leaving the gate and got the dumb idea to go home through downtown Gettysburg instead of the highway. Hits tons of traffic, bike was overheating, couldnt keep it running...and on top of that, I was getting wet (although atleast I had my raingear with me, my buddy didnt).

If a hotel is required, I wouldnt bother. Just my $.02