Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

West Virginia ride..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 01:07 PM
msfreddo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Virginia ride..

I'm planning a ride from Michigan to West Virginia with a friend of mine...I have some reservations about going to West Virginia...Although I am an experienced rider, I only have about 1000 miles on my first Harley..Is West Virginia too big a ride for me? I appreciate any advice you can give..

thank you,

Mike .

Old 07-25-2006, 09:32 AM
zzrider
Cruiser
Default RE: West Virginia ride..

Thats a long ride if ya dont have a lot of time in the saddle.....Coming to WV wouldnt be different than anyother place. We have lots of curves and the mountains may draw your attention from the road. Take your time , dont get into any big hurry and you should be fine. Just realise if you get off the 4 lanes in WV the curves can come up on you fast and be sharper than thay appear.Again just be rested and alert and you should do fine. Our interstates are more curvey than the back roads you see in the mid west. Come and enyoy...you will find lots of friendly bikers in WV.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:42 AM
msfreddo
Novice

Thanks ZZ, the mountains were beautiful and the people were very nice...the weather was not very good though, riding through the mountains with torrential rain storms was more than I bargained for, but good experience..I met a lot of bikers under bridges waiting out the rain, and for the record, everyone I met from Illinois to Florida were very nice. With those kind of weather conditions you don't know what to expect, so if I met any one out there in this forum under a bridge or rest stop, just want to say thank you!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:52 PM
zzrider
Cruiser

You may have seen me...I was Riding in the Mountains this weekend. Where and when were you in WV?