Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

CT Dealer Info - Good vs Bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default CT Dealer Info - Good vs Bad

BAD Dealer - Yankee HD in Bristol CT

GOOD Dealer - TSI in Ellington CT.

I have a '06 Low Rider that's 2 months old. Been running fine until last week. Hard starting in cold/damp weather.

Those of you with '06 Dynas already know that there are problems with some fuel injectors. There is a HD Tech Bulletin on the subject.

I checked mine last night and I have the "8" injectors - the ones with potential problems.

I called Yankee HD and talked to the Service Manager. At that point they didn't know the bike wasn't purchased there. Told them it was a '06 Low Rider with SE Slipons, HD Download and Stage 1, all dealer installed, and experiencing hard starting in cold weather and stalling. Service Mgr said it's probably the exhaust but bring it in and they'll have a look. I asked if there was any Tech Bulletin for the '06 Dyna injectors. The service Mgr said no, it's probably the exhaust. I told him I had the 8 injectors, and he replied that those are fine. Didn't take him to task on the Tech Bulletin because I knew there was no way I'd let that dealership touch my bike.

Then called the TSI in Ellington CT where I bought the bike, (although they didn't know that when I called). Told him the symptoms. Service guy said there was an issue with some injectors, and it all depended on what I had. Told him they were 8, and he said "Tell me when you want to bring it in, and I'll have the replacement injectors here."

That's what I call service!!! Bike is going in later this month!!!

TSI = Good

Yankee = Bad

Sammi

Old 06-08-2006, 03:33 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CT Dealer Info - Good vs Bad

Sammi,sorry to hear about problems.
But you`re correct,Yankee sucks for everything.Hell,they even have a few bikes from last spring on the floor.I`m talking spring of `05!

Old 06-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Bike actually runs fine - just hard starting when outside temp is cold.

Glad to have the injectors changed anyways.

I can't believe Yankee is still in business. Got a price for my Low Rider at Yankee, went to TSI and they were around $400-$500 cheaper. Went back to Yankee and showed them TSI's price and told them if they'd match it the sale was theirs.

They said no.

A friend of mine went through the same drill on a Road King. Price difference was around $200 and Yankee wouldn't go for it.

Go figure.

Sammi

Old 06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not a fan of Yankee either, though I do like to go to the Events they have. I like Gengras for service. I have heard good things about TSI, if I lived closer to them I would give them a try. Bridgeport is an awsome dealership (in my opinion), but again too far away. I think the most important thing is to find a place you trust with your bike, even if they charge a little more.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:15 AM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Price Yankee gave us for our `05 FXSTI:$16,800 plus tax and reg.
Price E.Hampton gave us:$14,700 plus tax and reg.
Quite a difference;and I live 10 minutes from yankee!!

Our bike has never had to go to the dealer,(knock on wood),so I cant speak from expeirence.But a good bike shop in general is Cycles Unlimited in Portland.Right over the Portland bridge.Matts a good guy.Gave him some parts to get chromed;came out great,and cheaper than if I bought them from Harley.
He also got my boss out of a jam;he was leaving early this week on a trip,needed tires mounted,Matt took care of him,and doesnt charge for every little thing.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great dealer = Brother's in Branford

Sucks = Mike's Famous Groton

Old 06-14-2006, 09:03 PM
BerettaMan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts