Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Manchester Harley ( thursday nights)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robandlyn
i was at nashua hd on saturday and demo'ed a 09 tri glide ;-)
they have a rider that leads you on a loop and ours was a 10 mile loop.
Rob ....

what was your thinking of the tri glide?

Old 06-30-2009, 07:42 PM
robandlyn
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tat2dGooch
what was your thinking of the tri glide?
Well we been looking into one for awhile now. Lynn did a 20 mile demo ride up at
Concord,NH HD and she LOVED it ! We talked about a trade-in of her 07 SG but
them & Billerica,MA HD both came in way to low to even think of it. So we looked into
some trike kits. I know Doug up at the Trike shop in Keene,NH (just down the road
from Mac D's) and he installs almost all the major trike brands. We were thinking of
a Roadsmith trike kit with the independent suspension. He didn't have any at the
moment to try. We then happen to take a ride over to Leominster,MA HD where
we have bought 4 of our bikes and also have all our work done there. They made us
an offer for Lynn's bike that we could not refuse and we dropped it off there for them
to sell. She has her Dyna to ride until her 2010 Red Sunglo Tri Glide comes late Aug.
We then took a ride up to Nashua,NH HD to use the take any bike for a demo card
I got in the mail. Nashua had 2 tri glides so here is my thoughts ....
It handled way better than I thought it would. Very easy to steer around corners but
we only were riding through neighborhoods so the speeds were under 35mph. It will be
interesting when we get our 2010 (hopefully end of August) to see how it is riding
around at 40-50 mph in long sweeper corners. Our combined weight is 300 lbs and
I felt it moved along rather nicely. With the braking I noticed that when we went
down the first downhill ! I tapped the rear brakes and was wondering why they
did not grab better. My thoughts were because the pads & rotor were still new because
the tri glide only had 20 miles on it and it would get grabbier when they get broken in.
As for stage one mods..... I would do it just to help the heat issue. We did it on both
our 07 bikes and it helped " alot ". We did a PC3 & high flow air cleaner from Fuel Moto
and I will definatly do one of his packages with the mufflers most likely. He is getting
great reviews of them in the touring forum here.
Rob ....

Last edited by robandlyn; 06-30-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robandlyn
Well we been looking into one for awhile now. Lynn did a 20 mile demo ride up at
Concord,NH HD and she LOVED it ! We talked about a trade-in of her 07 SG but
them & Billerica,MA HD both came in way to low to even think of it. So we looked into
some trike kits. I know Doug up at the Trike shop in Keene,NH (just down the road
from Mac D's) and he installs almost all the major trike brands. We were thinking of
a Roadsmith trike kit with the independent suspension. He didn't have any at the
moment to try. We then happen to take a ride over to Leominster,MA HD where
we have bought 4 of our bikes and also have all our work done there. They made us
an offer for Lynn's bike that we could not refuse and we dropped it off there for them
to sell. She has her Dyna to ride until her 2010 Red Sunglo Tri Glide comes late Aug.
We then took a ride up to Nashua,NH HD to use the take any bike for a demo card
I got in the mail. Nashua had 2 tri glides so here is my thoughts ....
It handled way better than I thought it would. Very easy to steer around corners but
we only were riding through neighborhoods so the speeds were under 35mph. It will be
interesting when we get our 2010 (hopefully end of August) to see how it is riding
around at 40-50 mph in long sweeper corners. Our combined weight is 300 lbs and
I felt it moved along rather nicely. With the braking I noticed that when we went
down the first downhill ! I tapped the rear brakes and was wondering why they
did not grab better. My thoughts were because the pads & rotor were still new because
the tri glide only had 20 miles on it and it would get grabbier when they get broken in.
As for stage one mods..... I would do it just to help the heat issue. We did it on both
our 07 bikes and it helped " alot ". We did a PC3 & high flow air cleaner from Fuel Moto
and I will definatly do one of his packages with the mufflers most likely. He is getting
great reviews of them in the touring forum here.
Rob ....

Congrats on the new trike now I am a little jealous.. I am starting to fall in love with the trikes When I was up at Laconia Bike Week.. I was talking to the owners of DRT BROS I loved the looks of their work and trikes were pretty sick... I just now gotta make up my mind if I wanna get rid of my 08 Roadking for a trike.. I am think yes.. or I might to a trike conversion over the winter