Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Yankee HD in Bristol CT - Sold

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Yankee HD in Bristol CT - Sold

Just found out that Yankee HD in Bristol was just sold to the owners of South Hampton (Mass) HD.

Nothing but good news!!

Dealership is 3 miles from my house and I rarely went there. I liked the previous owner personally but the dealership itself was pretty stale.

For example, I went in last week to the Service Dept to check on a price to buy/install a front tire. Service Writer said he could give me the installation price, but I'd have to go to the Parts Dept to get the price for the tire.
????

New owners are making changes in personnel and how the dealership operates.

Now open 7 days a week.

Now offering "Express Service" for fluid changes/tires/minor repairs.

Brought in a lot of bikes.

Monthly Customer Appreciation Day with 15% off parts and clothing.

Plan on dropping by today to look around.

Sammi

Old 05-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Curlybill
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Been there a few times. Everyone was friendly but like all dealers, stuff was expensive.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:51 AM
busch
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6 mile around trip you will be liven their, sure is nice having a good dealer close

Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

The dealer I work for is part of that whole network, something like MCC Project 5 LLC or something like that, all backed by Ed Lemco.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:31 PM
alto
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also live close by ( about 20 minutes). Yankee was hit or miss for me. A few times, it was ok to deal with...a few others, I walked out shaking my head with rude, non-answers, or a "We're doing you a favor for being our customer' type attitude. I hope all things get better as it would be nice to have a dealer this close to me. I will give them another try now.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good News indeed. Also the closest dealer to me, but hardly ever went there for anything, Their web site was never up to date. They use to have some good events there, but lately it seemed like nothing was going on to bring people in.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

***UPDATE***

Dropped by Yankee to look around.

Lot's of folks browsing.

While I was there a guy got his helmet out of his car, Salesman put a dealer plate on an '09 1200 Low, and told the guy to enjoy the test ride and "see you in a couple hours."

I was admiring a Heritage with the Root Beer color and a guy came by and I sasid great lookiing color. He said "thanks" and that he just bought it 5 minutes before. Sales guy was working on transferring the plate from the trade-in and he was going to ride it home.

All the sales cubicles were occupied, most of them has customers looking at and signing paperwork.

I chatted with one of the floor guys while looking at a Road King Classsic with Pearl White/Pearl Grey paint. Great looking bike.Told him I already have a bike that's finally just the way I want it.

Got a "courtesy call" (left my phone# and email addy) thanking me for coming in.

Asked if I was interested in the Road King and told him no .

His reply was that's fine, but if I ever wanted to change bikes he would beat the price of any other dealer and would offer the highest trade-in. He also said that when ever I felt like it to call him or stop by with a list of any add-ons I had in mind and he would do the pricing.

I didn't take the call as pressure.

About a year and a half ago I was seriously thinking about a RKC and dropped by. Had an idea of cost of bike/add-ons/trade/tax. Sales guy at the time took a guick look at my numbers and told me that If I was buying that day he'd go over the numbers. If not I should come back with my checkbook when I was ready to buy.

The new management, at this point, seems ready to take the time to talk details with a browser shopper.

Sammi

Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM
crackitopen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They need to make a new ownership announcement on their website to spark awarness and interest.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

Heard it's in the works - no ETA.

As of now there's a huge UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT sign on the building.

Most of the folks I know liked the previous owner on a personal level but not happy with the delaership itself.

I like dealing with the Southhampton dealership and if they run Yankee the same way it would be a good thing all around.

My sister-in-law bought her 1200 Low in Southhampton and was pleased. As a mater of fact we said it's too bad the dealership was located in Bristol!!!

Ironic.

Sammi

Sammi

Old 05-04-2009, 04:56 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is definatly worth looking into. Yankee HD is the closest Dealer to me 20min ride, but every time I used to walk in there, unless I had money hanging out of my pockets. If the rain stops might have to pop up there this weekend. (Not that i,m looking to trade in yet) but one never knows

Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: Yankee HD in Bristol CT - Sold