Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Yankee HD in Bristol CT - Sold

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:20 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I stopped in there a couple weeks ago after work and was met by a nice lady at the door. We talked and she introduced me to a few of the people in the dealership, it was a much improved experiance over the past. She said I could sit on, start up and test ride any bike in there. So far I like the new attitude.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Stroker 1700
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live about three miles away and bought my bike there a couple years ago, only for the fact that it was convenient. I gave up on them for parts and go to Hartford. I stopped in last night to see what was going on and they were pretty good, friendly and willing to talk to you. Tried to sell me a road glide, I told him I got a new bike, said no problem, let me know if I can help. I was just surprised to see that they kept the sales guy that sold me my bike, as he couldn't be bother with me other than to get my check and hand me the keys and say see ya. He has ignored me every time I have been in there since the purchase, so I go out of my way to say hello, so as to aggravate him.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 PM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to Yankee last year when I was out visiting family (Southington & Naugy) when I walked in, it was just like walking in to Motor City Harley out here; in other words I was totally ignored! I felt like I never left home. Next time I'm out that way I'll have to check out the new 'tude.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

just to let everyone know it has been 4 weeks now and still did not get my refund to my credit card . what now?

Old 06-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Curlybill
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Went to Yankee HD today. What a nice bunch of people. Went there for the free ride promo for an IPod. Told me to pick any new bike on the floor. And they had a lot of bikes, new and used. Rode to Plymouth and back. Told me to ride all I want. They really want to sale bikes. They were low on my trade value and high on the used bike markup ( I could not afford a new one.) but they were all very nice. I rode the two tone white/pewter road king. I did not like the bike. It rode like a Jap bike and I would have to put another $1k in a new bike to make it feel right. I will be keeping my old bike.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:08 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have mostly good things to say about Southampton Harley, who's owners bought Yankee. Hopefully they will do just as good a job there in CT. (My only NEGATIVE comment would be that in Southampton, they have undergone some changes in their service department personnel. Not as 100% satisfied as before. I liked the previous service manager better, and our favorite mechanic went elsewhere). Other than that they are our "second family". They've done well by us.