Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Yankee HD in Bristol CT - Sold

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Curlybill
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

I looked at the white/pearl white bike a couple of months ago. The salesman walked up and said nice colors. I said yea I have a 96 that is all white. He walked away. That was it. No nothing. No sales pitch, no offer , no nothing. Most of the time I would have been happy but I felt slighted.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

It's the closest dealer to me as well, but I've only been there once. I may make another visit.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 PM
foxhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news to me also! I may be the closest. Maybe less than 2 miles....I'll have to meet you locals.... Anyway, Worst inventory of any Harley dealer I've ever seen. I've stopped for parts many times and was told, that they can order it for me. I would say, "Never mind, I'll go to Hartford and just get it... a couple weeks back, I needed a front motor mount. My wife actually said to me, "Don't go there. You'll just get pissed off." I did go. I did get pissed off. I went to Hartford and picked up the part. Good Luck to the new owners!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by foxhd
Great news to me also! I may be the closest. Maybe less than 2 miles....I'll have to meet you locals.... Anyway, Worst inventory of any Harley dealer I've ever seen. I've stopped for parts many times and was told, that they can order it for me. I would say, "Never mind, I'll go to Hartford and just get it... a couple weeks back, I needed a front motor mount. My wife actually said to me, "Don't go there. You'll just get pissed off." I did go. I did get pissed off. I went to Hartford and picked up the part. Good Luck to the new owners!

What town do you live in?

Sammi

Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM
foxhd
Cruiser

I'm in Bristol. Just off Stafford av. Yourself? Actually heard of the sale from a friend from Texas! I ride a Dyna sort of like yours. An 02 fxd. Leather bags and usually a detachable windshield.

Last edited by foxhd; 05-05-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm in Bristol. Just off Stafford av. Yourself? Actually heard of the sale from a friend from Texas! I ride a Dyna sort of like yours. An 02 fxd. Leather bags and usually a detachable windshield.
Small world!!

I live 1/2 mile off Stafford Ave, down the street from Mt View School.

Must be a Dyna part of town. Guy across the street has a Wide Glide and guy behind me has a Fat Bob.

I usually pop in Yankee once a week to look around. I look pretty much look like my avatar pic. If you're there and see an old guy, bald on top and gray hair on the sides and a gray beard it's probably me.

Sammi

Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 AM
vidman
Stage IV

This is good to hear about Yankee. Gone in a few times in past and did not receive much attention. Although, not treated bad.

We are both in another forum...I'm from Farmington area.

Looking for possible Road King purchase and might give them another shot.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey FoxHD, were you at Yankee on Sunday?

Just as I was leaving in the cage with my wife a guy rode in the lot on a black Dyna and he looked like you in one of your album pics.

Was going to go back but we were running late.

Has anyone actually traded their bike there for a new one?

Just wondering if the trade-in value they're offering "knocked your socks off".

Sammi

Old 05-18-2009, 08:40 PM
foxhd
Cruiser

I stopped in saturday. Rode by a couple times sunday. so far, I like the effort they are putting into it.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Hang Around
My Garage
Default YANKEE Harley , bristel ct,new owner same old bull
3 weeks ago driving by yankee i see a banner under new management so i turn around to check it out. if it wasn`t for the banner i would have kept on going from past experience there. i start talking to one of the sales guy`s for about ten minutes the conversation was pleasant . i needed a air pump and spark plugs for my bike so i decided to get them there .

when i got home i noticed he sold me the wrong plugs, how you can f that up i don't know, but hay it happens. But the turn came when i went to return them the next weekend and didn't exchange because i bought the right ones at another dealer because i just put a PCV on my bike and wanted fresh plugs. so when i returned them the guy was a nasty ***** he said whats wrong with them? i said ah there the wrong plugs, and i wanted to return them he said i cant refund your money but give you store credit, i said you wont return my money for selling me the wrong part? its not like i bought 4 qts of oil and wanted to return 1 for gods sake they sold me the wrong parts, he had a real nasty attitude too, and said he would have to talk to the sales manager but he is not here now. after i hemmed and hawed he finally gave in and gave the paperwork to another kid behind the counter and just walked away the other kid took my receipt to give me the refund on my debit card. Well it`s been 2 weeks and i just checked my account and no refund so they take the plugs back and don't give the refund what did they do cancel the transaction after i left? this will be an expensive $6 . after i finally get my money back i will never go in yankee again just like old times and i will be sure to spread the word!
Edit/Delete Message

Quick Reply: Yankee HD in Bristol CT - Sold