Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

laconia 2009 Info needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:50 AM
cleanimages
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default laconia 2009 Info needed

So, heading to laconia next year for first time. Would like a hotel right in the middle of it all! Avoids drinking then riding home. Just want to walk, or crawl.

May not be possible, i know people book at end of last rally. But it cant hurt to try. Need the names of a few places to call that forum members have stayed. The laconia official website has a few places, but would rather hear from someone who has stayed before. Thanks for your help...

Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM
SikRyd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just moved to Maryland a few months ago from the Mid-West (Tokyo and other places prior to that) so I am looking forward to hearing some information about Laconia as well since I would like to hit that Rallly next year also.
So any additional information would be great to hear if you guys have any you want to share.
Don't want to hi-jack the thread, just thought it would be a great place to add additional info instead of starting a new thread.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:41 AM
onthedish1
Tourer

Check out the official website...www.laconiamcweek.com. I went to Laconia in 2007, what a great trip, lots of great riding in the area, not to mention the short ride to the Maine coast for lobstas (phonetically spelled for Mainer pronunciation..LOL)

Old 09-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Never actually stayed right on the beach.....and at my age, I sure as hell don't want to now! LOL. There are a lot of places around the area that are real good. You can do a search for Laconia NH and something like the 3rd entry will get you all the info about the whole area...so far as things to do places to see, hell, there's no end to it! Couple of places we liked especially was Mt Washington; but that's usually pretty crowded...they have 1 or 2 days during bike week where no cages are allowed up there, just bikes, but be careful! It's about as scary a ride as you'll ever take if you have ANY kind of problem with heights! There's a place not far from Laconia called "Castle in the Clouds." It's pretty cool, they like the bikers, nice spot, great view....any roads anywhere in any direction in the area are going to be an awesome ride! The Kancamagus Highway is terrific....(the locals call it "The Kanc") Lots of shopping in the area. More scenic anything in a pretty concentrated area....Anything in particular you're looking for?

Old 09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Oh yeah! Forgot to say Prepare for ANY kind of weather....most years you're going to get wet and cold! Last time we went up (06) we had 4 straight days of hot and sun! Been up there something like 19 different years, don't EVER remember it being like that! So pack accordingly! And yes, there was one year we had snow flurries!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure when you go to the website that onthedish1 provided, you sign up for the news letter, you will recieve a magazine in the mail with all the hot-spots, events, bike shows, map, etc. If you are a hog member (but you don't have to be) you should check out Harleys display, this year it was at the town hall. They had the traveling museum there, this sphere with 2 guys (actually they were like 16) that ride around inside it, that was cool. A free laconia pin for hog members, or if you sign up as a hog member. The motorcycle races at new hampshire speedway, hillclimbs, a lot to do besides drink. lol.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:49 PM
waffler
Tourer

Look into the naswa it is a short stumble from weirs beach . They have a beach bar w/live entertainment every night. you can pick up a shuttle just down the street to get to the broken spoke. All this will cost ya a hefty penny they might tell you you have to book the entire week but friends of mine only stay 1/2 week. Usually it has to be booked by january
good luck

Old 09-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Mandog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't stay close , it is no big deal. I have been to Laconia five times and have been working myself further and further from the action. Last year I stayed in North Conway which was about a 40 minute ride to Weirs. Plenty of bikes and drinking going on there too. The ralley itself gets tiring real fast. How many T shirts can you buy? It's more about the ride for me at this point.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 AM
#1PATSFAN
Novice

Check out this site, everyone on it has some real good info on lodging etc...
http://www.laconiabikeweek.net/
We went last year stayed at a Campground in Meredith, it was nice to be able to sleep without so much noise around, but I would have liked to of stayed closer to the Broken Spoke and crawled home, that place was a blast!!