Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Carlisle Bike Fest

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Carlisle Bike Fest

Carlisle Bike Fest in Carlisle Pa
&nbsp\\;
Looking to go to this event. Wanted to hear from anyone who has gone before.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Is it worth the trip?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Looks like it should be good, but you never know.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; They have great Auto shows and such.&nbsp\\; Any replies will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Shibby
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carlisle Bike Fest

I went a couple of years ago and it was huge.&nbsp\\; So many vendors not enough time, definitely bring your walking shoes.&nbsp\\; They also had bands and shows going on too I believe.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:09 PM
RKdannyC
Intermediate

I live near and work in Carlilse.
The show is ok.... good mix of harley and sport bikes and riders.
I think the show has been dwindeling since they had the Tuttles here - I hear they can't afford to get them back $$$.
Appalachian HD usually has something going on during that week (this dealer likes to party so a stop there is worth while)
were only 25 mi from the York HD if you want to do a tour. there are some beautiful roads to cruise around here.
Best

Old 07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: RKdannyC

I live near and work in Carlilse.
The show is ok.... good mix of harley and sport bikes and riders.
I think the show has been dwindeling since they had the Tuttles here - I hear they can't afford to get them back $$$.
Appalachian HD usually has something going on during that week (this dealer likes to party so a stop there is worth while)
were only 25 mi from the York HD if you want to do a tour. there are some beautiful roads to cruise around here.
Best
&nbsp\\;
I agree. The show is just ok. Theres not a lot of vendors compared to the car shows. I definitly would not call the show huge. How far is Appalachin HD from Carlisle? I have gone every year they have had it since they started with it combined with "summer carlisle". Its ok for something to do.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:38 PM
higg47
Road Master

I agree. The show is just ok. Theres not a lot of vendors compared to the car shows. I definitly would not call the show huge. How far is Appalachin HD from Carlisle? I have gone every year they have had it since they started with it combined with "summer carlisle". Its ok for something to do.
[/quote]
I think Appalachin is about 8 miles away on the Carlisle Pike. Stop there every spring when at car show. Most beautiful H-D dealer I have ever seen.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:24 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: higg47

I think Appalachin is about 8 miles away on the Carlisle Pike. Stop there every spring when at car show. Most beautiful H-D dealer I have ever seen.
[/quote]
&nbsp\\;
Damn, I have been missing out. Im gonna drive up this year on Sat.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 PM
lonerider560
Advanced

I went last year and it was terrible

Old 07-08-2008, 09:21 AM
RKdannyC
Intermediate

Apalachian is just a short roll up rt11.
They just built a party pavillion on the grounds and always have something going on. Tonight is a free concert and free pizza ....... I will be there for dinner.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I got nothing better to do that Saturday, so I think I'm going to head over.&nbsp\\; It's got to be better than staying home and cutting the grass.&nbsp\\; Anyone from S.E. Pa/Philly area interested in riding over with me.&nbsp\\; I figure I'll take the T'pike and leave around 8:00am

Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 AM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And for those of us interested... there will be a ratrod car/truck show on Sunday. I think those things are kool! A budy has a 42 Chevy ratrod he is taking to the show... a real beater.

Benji

Quick Reply: Carlisle Bike Fest